Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Just a sum-up.

Considering that I am leaving early in the morning to do some...well, crappy things in town, I’m going to have to keep today’s blog as short as possible. If I can’t, I’m going to have to do it in the morning.

Let’s see, I finished the additional scene for “Saving Nina”, yay, and we manage to do a full chapter edit as well, so all’s well in that department. It is starting to look good…or more accurately, read very well. Hah. Finally, I managed to send the next chapter to my proofreader, along with the new scene.

We started on the wall on time, and I finished the difficult section that I couldn’t continue with the day before yesterday, making the wall itself DONE! It’s gorgeous. I’m going to have to post a picture soon ‘cause no words can really describe it. Huge!

Considering we can’t do anything on the main wall anymore, (that’s a good thing, really) the younger sibs head on down to the section that leads to the courtyard gate. At the same time, big brother and I start on the new part adjoining the stairs (he’s been working on it for days now) which is not all that easy.

I’m shoveling debris while big brother uses the jackhammer on pieces of actual rock that I carry on up the stairs in a bucket until we have enough room to start with the wall that is supposed to stop mud from gathering on the path that leads to the courtyard door. It’s been a huge problem these past few years, so getting another wall up there is definitely necessary.

It takes quite some time but in the end, we manage to lay a solid foundation that will allow us to continue properly tomorrow, or the day after, or as soon as we’ve got a new batch of rocks in.

As planned, we wash up, change into workout clothes and drive on out to the woods for our jog. This time middle sister joins us, and though it’s tough, we do manage a mile and a half. I’m quite pleased with the last portion of the run, which went really smoothly.
Properly exhausted we head on home where I quickly hang the laundry.

Thankfully, little sister has already folded the dry batch, so I can settle n a stool at the kitchen counter to have a quick dinner…a slice of pizza and a couple of boiled potatoes, since no one felt like cooking, aargh…before I decide to write my blog, just to get it done for today.

No comments: