Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Blah, blah, blah.

Song of the day: “Ain’t love a kick in the head” by Westlife (originally Frank Sinatra) I know, I’ve had it before, but I can’t change the facts. It was in my head and thus it needs to be recorded as such. Hah.

Once again I’m way too late, so I’m going to have to keep this short.

What happened today…well, nothing really interesting.
We finished the synopsis…the second draft that is, and it’s looking quite interesting. It’ll need some tweaking several more read-throughs, but on the overall, it’s got everything it needs to depict the “Saving Nina” in a very distilled form.

We worked some more on the rewrite-edit, adding two more pages to the section that ‘ll only need a read-edit in the future. This means that now we only have to do ten more pages, and maybe write another one to add some tweaks to the ending. Other than that…well, the story should be done soon. I gotta say that it’s about time, I’ve been whining about this edit stuff for months now and it’s high time that I’ve got something new to write about. Hah.

After the never-ending-edit we head on out to start work on “the project”. Considering that most of the walls are now actually done, large jay shaped enclosures need to be built around the four baby eucalypts that we planted last year. So I started digging a gutter for the foundation while the younger sibs hauled rocks to make place for it.

There’s lot of talk and discussion going on all the while, our voices probably audible all through the valley. (making me more than a little grateful that we don’t speak Spanish) Admittedly, the progress was slow, but in the end, we do finish the first enclosure with some rather impressively large rocks serving as walls. Hah.

Afterwards, close to dusk, big brother, grandpa and I head out to get a new load of rocks that get unloaded after sunset when we return with the full truck bed.
It’s dreadfully late when we finally return to the house where the dogs are going bonkers because we left them alone too long, and while watching a rather delightful movie “A Hazard of Hearts” with Helena Bonham Carter and Diana Rigg, I realize that I totally forgot to have dinner. I remember this movie from back when I was a teen and I thought it was grand. It was still sweet, if somewhat shallow…but then what else is one to expect from a Barbara Cartland story?

With a couple of slices of bread to fill up the gap, the evening came to an end, bringing me up to my cabin where big brother and I end up continuing this afternoon’s discussion for another two hours. I swear, we can yap on about the smallest detail for a solid month if we didn’t stop ourselves from time to time, hah.

So, I’m paying for the lapse in self-discipline, considering that I don’t have time for a proper blog, once again. Ah well, tomorrow’s another day…or so one would hope. Hah.

No comments: