Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Backwards.

Song of the day: (this is so embarrassing) “I see you baby—shaking that ass” by Groove Armada. It’s not even a real song just repeats of the title for crying out loud; it was appropriate, however seeing that we spent the majority of outside work, hacking out rock and dirt, and me using the jackhammer.

Seriously, by now, several hours after using the darn machine for three hours, my hands still feel shaky, and I’ve got huge bruises on my wrists, where the friggin’ thing kept slamming against my arm, so…yeah, I should have expected it.

No matter though, dug (or more appropriately, chopped out) a ditch of maybe a foot wide, half a foot deep and ten yards long in the rock path leading from the carport up to the gate. We’re gonna have to do another three or four yards tomorrow, but still, good progress. Yay.

The dogs love this kind of projects, especially since they can lie in the recently made ditches, get in the way and be in front of our feet whenever they can. It's particularly fun when I'm trying to push the wheelbarrow up the path (fully loaded of course) and then end up toppling it over because friggin' Gadah was lying there. Aargh.

While the younger sibs and I were doing this particular task, big brother and grandpa worked on some wood projects and making a winter hatch for the front door. Considering that we can never close it when the cold starts (closed doors and more than ninety dogs really isn’t smart, I tell ya) they made half a door with thick cloth flaps below it, so it’ll keep the wind out at least.

Prior to the outside work, there was the proofreading, of course. Since we did at least a chapter last night, we managed to implement the changes in the five hours of this morning’s session. It went well, really; got ahead, and that’s what that counts.

Woke up and hour early too, which is a tricky change to make. It actually sucks, I’m always tired when I change my normal routine, it’ll take me weeks to get into it, but since the summer is over and shorter winter days are approaching, we’re going to need the extra hours for outside work.
This of course means that the writing/editing schedule needs to be changed too. We figured it out, though. Once the days are really short, we’ll do the outside stuff in the morning, and work at the computer later at night. It should work.

Okay, that about sums up the day…all backwards, naturally. Makes for a nice change, I guess. Hah.

No comments: