Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Breezing by.

Song of the day: “Walk on by” by Bryan Adams.

I am so not in the mood to do the blog today, for some reason I would much rather be outside doing stuff in glorious sunshine, or hit the sheets and snooze the day away. Since I won’t do the latter, I’m going to keep this short and head on back outside.

Seeing as yesterday was mostly spent cutting up a tree that had fallen down during the night, there’s only little to report anyways. Such a damn shame ‘bout the Mimosa tree, though. Poor thing, we’d spent a fortune on water for the past ten years or so, and then it goes down like a log. It looked like there was some sort of disease in the roots that caused it.








The dogs found the entire endeavor grand, of course. Fortuyn was constantly sniffing around the dead tree, and the labs wanted nothing more than to nest underneath the fallen crown. Hah.


On the overall, it took big brother, grandpa and me about two and a half hours to cut the massive tree in pieces and haul everything away, and ended up with a batch of about one square meter of wood.

Other than that, big brother, little sister and I went for a jog, since we had to get rocks (if we’re going to make that aqueduct I mentioned recently, we’re going to need to do a lot of trips for rocks again. Got a nice stash, and got some good, reasonably big Eucalypti tree seedlings too, of which 7 went into the ground immediately. It was friggin’ cold however; running was downright draining (little sister felt like she was going to drop dead afterwards, hah) what with the chilling wind from the north, and putting in the trees at home wasn’t at all pleasant either. I can honestly say that I can’t wait for summer to come back. Jeez, I’d rather roast than freeze, thank you very much.

Did some writing, of course; only two pages, though, seeing I was a tad tired and really just gave up for the day to watch a new episode of Dexter instead. It was fun.

The night was the coldest yet…view of the snow when I got outside this morning. Isn’t it gorgeous?



Something went wrong with the camera, cause I had to blow a thumbsized pic up, darn it. You get the general idea, I think.

It kept the day cold too, even though the sun shone brightly, but we got all the Eucalypti in the ground, finished up hauling wood and unloaded the rocks from the back of the car.
I also decided to make an apple pie for my birthday tomorrow, so later on I’m going to see how it worked out. It smells deliciously, so I see no reason why it wouldn’t have worked out. Hah.

Which is it for me, ‘cause I’m going outside right now. Yay.

Just this last one because Knight II is just too pretty for his own good. Hah.

No comments: