Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quick, quick, quicky. *sigh*

Song of the day: “Men in this town” by Shakira, again. Woke up with it as a matter of fact, and it had been going through my head even while I was still dozing.

Well, there still seem to be too few hours in the day, because for writing there was very little time these past few days. Managed a total of no more than five pages in all, and that always feels rather frustrating, I’ll admit. I would have liked to be able to say that I past the two thirds marker by now, but regretfully that isn’t the case.

But anyway, the most mentionable event of the past couple of days would be our trip to the vet with little sister’s Shamira. The black Cocker Spaniel had a slight swelling under her eyes and while we were checking that out, it turned out she has a massive tumor in one of her milk glands and several smaller ones. This, of course, means a massive surgery this very morning (we had to leave her there during the night) where they deal with spading, tumor removal and putting back the eye gland that had somehow ended up on the wrong side of her third eyelid.

I gotta say that I do not know what alternate universe these people come from, but I remember a day (way back when) where it WASN’T normal for female dogs got cancer in their glands because of a too big an amount of estrogen. I mean seriously. I’ve owned dogs basically my entire life, and until ‘bout ten years ago this was never a problem…and shouldn’t even now.

Apparently it is now so bad that vets are suggesting to have all females spaded between their first and second season, so you’ll have a 99% percent chance that they will NOT get cancer. What is that crap? Since when is just living (uncut, so to speak) dangerous for your health? Doesn’t that mean that something is seriously wrong? I tell you this, I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if it turned out that there is something in their food that is causing it. I mean, seriously, this is definitely not normal.

Hmmm. Well, that is my rant for today. Of course, I could continue on for a bit seeing as the welding machine broke down. We couldn’t repair it (darn it) so I spent the day, after helping our tenant with her exercises, taking the stupid machine apart and taking out anything that could come in handy in the future. Seeing as we can never be sure what will be useful, I just took out everything, just to be done with it.

As to the ongoing projects, the left side of the main gate is put together now, but since the welding machine in kaput, we can’t continue on with it yet. The rock supply is rapidly growing (we’re still heading out on a daily basis, so I’m getting plenty of exercise) and the paneling in the guest room is almost done, minus the finishing touches…those will have to wait a bit.

Crap, I gotta go. I promised little sister to take her to the vet so she can see Shamira…and maybe even take her home with us, if I can talk the vet into it. We’ll see.

(Oh wow, I'm under one page again. I'm learning, apparently. Hah)

No comments: