Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Unexpected news. Freaking out a little.

Song of the day: “Men in this town” by Shakira. I’m really starting to like this song. I should, considering it keeps tumbling through my head. Hah.

But anyway, I have only a little time today, ‘cause it is already past eight in the evening and I still have a load of stuff to do…one being preparing a package for a literary agent who requested a look/see at “Saving Nina”. I’m bordering on freaking out, and yet not. It is rather weird this experience, but there it is. So very helpful too, considering worrying about something, or in this case, freaking out about something has sooooo much effect. Hah.

I’ve decided not to do it…freaking out I mean, not the sending, because I WILL do that that, of course, duh. Had you going there for a minute, didn’t I. Hah. But anyway, rather than a one page, or a seven page synopsis, this one wants five pages, so that meant going through the dratted thing and slicing even more out. *sigh*

Seriously, everyone seems to be really fond of rules, right? Can they not all decide on one set, rather than all having their own; this is so exhausting…not to mention that it keeps me from doing important stuff, like, yeah, WRITING.(Can I whine, or what?)
But seriously, I do get it, sorta. Everyone has his or her own preferences, and regretfully as the “unknown” author I’m pulling the short stick, kinda.

It doesn’t matter, really. Apparently, the right time and person have not yet arrived, and until that time comes (who knows, maybe this will be a good match, he appears like an okay guy; I’m keeping my fingers crossed, naturally) I’ll just have to be patient. But anyway, this is going to keep me busy for a day or two, so I’m going keep this unnaturally short…even for my standards these days. I know, maybe I’m sick, it just ain’t normal that I can keep something, anything, under one page.

New project is in the works; paneling in the guest room…yeah I know, unexpected, but what the hey. The dogs didn’t like it at all, considering that it took me out of the main yard and away from them.

I wish I was writing, but I’m not, so I’m a little bummed. It’s all for the better good, of course, but still. I don’t know why the heck I am complaining anyway, seeing as I send the query out deliberately, PMS maybe? Hah.
Gotta go.

No comments: