Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Soccer...ehm, yay?

Song of the day: “Ayo Technology” by Milow. It still amazes me that I can like a song with those particular lyrics, hah. I heard the original at some point with Justin Timberlake (I think) and I didn’t like it at all. Weird.

Hmmm. So here I am, settled down with my third coffee of the day, and my brain is gradually blanking out from all the tiny tidbits I tried to keep in my brain for the last couple of days. Guess it doesn’t work at all, ‘cause that which I remember is minor, to say the least.

Well, no matter, I’ll just write down what pops up as I go along. I¾Dream! Yes, there was a dream. What was it again…oh yes, I remember now, cool dream, wish it wasn’t a dream, but what the hey. I would tell you all about it but, ehm, yeah, it was another personal one so...sorry. Hah. I really have to share the adventurous one from the other day. It was very James Bond-like, if you must know.

Let's stick to reality for a bit, shall we?
Big brother, grandpa and I were unloading the car this morning when we suddenly realized that we are already well into February and we haven’t had the chance to do several inside projects, we had planned for winter, yet. I don’t know how it went, but for some reason winter just flew by. Darn it. Sure, I will be absolutely thrilled for the temperatures to rise, but other than that, time is passing way too fast. I’d planned to do so much this winter.

Let’s get to yesterday; maudlin about a speedy winter really has no use whatsoever, does it?
By means of exercise I went to the bottom of the yard and then all the way up to the road, which is a bloody steep climb, for as far as I’m concerned, I was wheezing like a mule by the time I got up to the road. Yikes.

There was another bout barrel cooking, which was splendid, fun and tasty, ate a bundle. Hah. A practicing session with our tenant, who was feeling a tad tired these days past, but agreed it was time to get back in the saddle, so to speak. She was a tad slow today but steady and that is what counts. She actually walked sideways, which is really good, since that will help her balance.

Yesterday, after work, little brother and sister decided to play some soccer up in the old paddock, so our friend Dani (she was visiting for the day) and I decided to join them. Had a load of fun too, which was my very first attempt at soccer. Little sister and I against little brother and Dani. We didn’t do all that bad, actually, lost by only four points and laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.

Looking back at it, it was a rather splendid way to end the evening. I know that it has been ages since I laughed so loud, and watching both the younger sibs double over with hysterics to Dani’s antics, was a pleasure. It brought the evening to a rather pleasant end with adding two more pages to “ATOL” and then a quick scavenge hunt that earned us lots of wood for future projects. Yay.

Other than that, the old gate was taken apart, for as far as that was possible, the last bolts were put into the new and plants got trimmed. I would have liked to do with a bit more sleep, on the overall, but something’s gotta go when you simply can’t find the time to do stuff you really want to do.

As to today, we started on the seedbed structures, which will at some point mount the wall that flanks the old pool. Considering big brother and I were on our own for the most part, it was slow progress, but what with the sun peeking at us every so often, it was rather pleasant. Heck, I didn’t even mind that the V-belt of the cement mixer snapped, forcing me to stir the stuff by hand. *sigh* It wasn’t bad at all, and by the time the younger sibs joined us, we already had a big part of the back wall going.

Like so many things, the seedbeds were one of the projects we intended to do this winter, and yet now we’re basically rushing through them, since we need to put the first seeds in by mid February.
If we put our backs in it, (and if weather permits it, of course) we should be able to finish the first section of the seedbeds by next week. Yay.

The dogs were of course hectic during the course of the day. They didn’t like being left behind the new fence, so, naturally, the pointers managed to weasel their way underneath. It was rather funny actually, they had created this narrow slit under the metal wiring, and once the others saw them go through, the dogs came streaming down like spilling water. Hah. Of course this debacle only forced us to bring them to the center garden instead, which they didn’t like at all either. It was their own fault, really, but it is always so pitiful to see them all stand there by the fence, whining like a bunch of babies. They didn’t actually stop whining until we were done and little sister finished hosing the mixer and wheelbarrows before heading up to start on dinner.

While big brother and grandpa (grandpa spent most of the day by the old stable, cutting wood for the wood pile) put the new belt in, I headed into the yard to do some trimming on the rosebush and bougainvillea that were battling each other somewhat fierce on the slope. With a little luck they’ll leave each other alone during the summer. Hah.

Well, I’ve got to get to work on the book and leave it at this.

No comments: