Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Stormy weather...sounds like a song.

Song of the day: “Little girl” by Enrique Iglesias. Literally a song that makes me go awww, every time I hear it…even in my head. Hah.

Yep, yesterday was that day again, that particular time that comes by twice a month and that we simply can’t get around (darn it) Grocery shopping day…aaargh.
We’d printed out a list for a change (all properly prepared and everything) went through all the right motions, looked for sales, went for the bargains, and only went over budget a tad because we had to get a new water boiler: the old one gave the spirit the day before yesterday, stupid thing.

Now, I wouldn’t mind all that much if they made the blood things fixable, you know what I mean, a rubber ring here that you can replace, a switch you can get out there, spray some silicone, whatever and you’ve got yourself a fixed boiler. No such luck with modern day boilers, however, they’re of cheap plastic, cheap metal and just about ready to dump after three measly years of use. That seriously POs me, I tell ya.

Well, all the necessary stuff got done (I missed a few, what with the lists being different that usual and everything) but I managed to correct the errors at different stores, so we won’t be without anything in the near future. I could of course write down everything that occurred yesterday, but since it was basically a repeat of grocery shopping three weeks ago, you might as well skip that way and get the gist of it, hah.

The only difference was that town was busier than usual, and so were the stores, which meant that we took seven hours to get everything done, even though we had three stores less, darn it.

Okay, onto the next item. Sita is still staying at the vet’s…they suspect that the virus, bacterium, whatever the heck it is called (they say it has no use to check because the treatment is the same) has come out of incubation and she had a 40 C temperature yesterday, diarrhea and vomiting, just like Niobe, only without the massive amounts of blood. Poor little girl, she looked so darn miserable when we came there for our daily visit. And the smell…OMG, I don’t know what the heck it is, but the smell is definitely unfamiliar to me.

Which reminds me (visiting Sita, I mean, not the smell, hah) that on our way back home the other day, we took the forest path and got pulled over by the coppers. I don’t know what the heck is going on these days, but the cops are literally all over the place. It’s like they’re ambushing us in the most unlikely places for crying out loud.
But anyway, they pulled us over…not hard to do, considering it’s a narrow path and there really isn’t anywhere to go even if we are inclined to such things *snort*…asked for big brother’s license, then who little brother and I were. Then the chubby cop asked what was in our TOOLbox in the back of the car, what the boards in the trunk were for, and then sent us on our way with a rattled apology for “molesting” us. Hah.

Okay, these guys crack me up at times, really. Here they are looking for nefarious criminals, stopping the big white Land Rover with a bunch of foreigners in it, (and looking for some action by finding terrorists, or something, hah) only to find a car full of construction materials, garbage, construction debris, wood, or whatever the heck else we are hauling at the time. Disappointing for them, I tell you. Especially since the Guardia civil can still be the macho types who like to throw some muscle around. I swear I always see disappointment in their faces, and a distinct drop of animation when they figure out we’re foreigners from “up the mountain”…sometimes I wonder if our reputation precedes us, hah…They’ll mumble something like, “Oh, right, okay, move along, and stop bothering us.”

Maybe I should feel insulted that we harbor so little interest, I mean seriously, some cop abuse would be so much more interesting to write about.

So this morning, I woke to the sound of thunder (a lot of sound, in case you’re wondering) and it has been raining off and on for three days now, with a constant downpour that started around six this morning.
Seriously, the thunder is deafening at times, and it has been roaring overhead at regular intervals for the past six hours. Quite impressive.

We only managed a short edit yesterday morning, by the way. We got up early so we could get some done prior to leaving for grocery shopping, but if we did two pages, it was a lot. It wasn’t a bad edit after all, though. Short but sweet, hah. We’ll get there yet, even if we have to bash each other in the brain to achieve it.

Other than that, some of the dogs are feeling a tad poor. I think that the bug is making its way through the pack. Carla (cocker), Gada (Labrador), and Sitabah (weimaraner) are coughing, so we’re starting on some mild medication to see if it helps. Knight II isn’t feeling well either, and like him, Dax appears to be a bit lethargic. Those immune systems better kick in fast, darn it.

Well, time for me to start on the day, maybe do an early edit and then on to helping big brother hand the new boiler.

No comments: