Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Sita didn't make it.

Song of the day: “Si tu no vuelves” by Shakira and Miguel Bose. Marvelous song, and it follows up on Harry Bellafonte’s “The Banana boat song” and “Shake shake shake senora”. Gawd, they’re so much fun. I think I’m going to be dwelling into those easy smooth songs for a bit, hah.

The day before yesterday, just hours after the last blog, our vet called, telling us that Sita had taken a turn for the worse, and had a 41 degree fever. Of course we went to hospital, little brother and sister and I, but when we arrived there it was too late; poor little girl, our just 14 months old, black, Irish setter, but apparently her immune system just wasn’t strong enough to fight the bug.

I’ve got to admit that nature is a hard taskmaster that way. Especially when witnessing little brother and sister in their grief it is a particularly difficult task. So sad, so pained, make me want to cry too, I tell ya.

It doesn’t help either that at the moment the bug appears to have mutated and is sweeping through the pack with what appears to be kennel cough. The medication has already been brought out, but once again, the immune system is going to have to do the hard work.
But enough of depressing stuff, moving on.

It’s a beautiful day, though; the sun is out, the wind is down and I can hardly wait to head on outside. The only reason I’m doing my blog right now during breakfast is because otherwise I have to head back inside in the afternoon, which is just not doable.

What with the dreadful weather the past couple of days, there were lots of short sessions editing. Quite a bit of pages, and some arguments (apparently they are inevitable during and edit, darn it) along with frustration whenever focus floated away. But all in all not a bad job so far.

In between the rainstorms, thunder and Gawd knows what else, we hauled stones and rocks down the mountain, adding to the massive pile below the future greenhouse (yay, I remembered to title the old pool correctly).

Yesterday, in a rain pause, we headed into the yard and planted the cauliflower seedlings. Considering everything is literally soaking wet, grandpa suggested that we make proper use of it by putting plants in, without having to water them afterwards. We were still in the middle of it too, when the rain started up again. Bloody hell, I was wet all over, even my butt, which had been sticking up most of the time while I put in plants. Hah.

Seeing as I was wet anyway, I dove into the courtyard garden afterwards and removed hundreds of caterpillars from the plants. Silly little insects were having a field day on our beautiful plants, meaning that we had to toss the lot of them in a bucket of water, rather than kill them one at a time.

I finally took the time (meaning after midnight when I should have been getting ready to go to bed) to do some cleaning in my cabin. Oh my Gawd, it is such a mess there. It took me a solid hour to get my shelves clean. Since I was busy anyway, I scrubbed the bathroom too and then flopped down on the bed to pass out. Jeez.

Well, that should about do it, if you ask me. Can’t think of more to write about except if you want to hear about laundry?
Hah.

No comments: