Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Good edit, yay.

Song of the day: “Joan of Arc” by Katie Melua; it has been humming through my head for several hours now and I’m starting to get a little melancholy from it by now, darn it.

So I’m supposed to write a blog of the past few days, but, once again I am drawing blanks except for the general outlines of yesterday. Considering that I only had five hours of sleep this night, makes it clear that it was a busy day, though, so I must have done something, hah.
Okay, let me try to go through the day step by step.

I do remember oversleeping by at least half an hour, which was rather nice, all things considered. Getting started went really slowly, admittedly, but it was not as if I was working on a deadline, or anything. Due to the “running behind”, I do know I forgot to do the laundry, ‘cause today I found massive piles of it waiting for me, hah.

But anyway, grandpa is gradually doing better now so that’s a plus. Doggies are doing fine, and so is tenant, who enjoys joining us wherever we’re working at any given time. As long as there is sunshine and she has her book, she is basically happy.

What came next…ah yes, the pool. Considering it is time to start on the anti parasite bath for the dogs, we headed into the pool yesterday to prepare for grout work. There was a bucket full of mimosa blossoms to sweep from the floor, along with branches and whatnot. For several hours we scrubbed out the narrow ridges between the tiny tiles, using the vacuum cleaner to get the dusty stuff away.

It meant sitting on knees, haunches, and whatever else would get us close to the floor, but in the end there were another fourteen tiles to put back in place, darn it. But, if all goes well, we should be able to get the grouting done today…I hope.

Next I headed out into the yard for the daily checkup on bugs on the veggies. Turns out the sugar peas have found the fence and are, as of now, growing into the wiring yeah. Zucchini plants are forming they first flowers, the green beans have miraculously appeared on the tiny bushes, and the three cauliflowers are almost ready for harvesting.

Little brother has been incredibly busy, making tiny little terraces for the tomato plants, which means that finally all the big potted tomatoes are in the wild, hah. He also finished cleaning out the smaller poolroom, so we can start storing stuff there.

Mom had made veggie sandwiches with fries on the side, which served well as a proper supper before both sisters and I headed up the mountain to the paddock so we could continue emptying the old stable. We were just in time too, considering the back shelving almost crashed while we were busy. In the end we managed to empty the entire left side without disasters occurring, leaving us to call it a day around six in the afternoon.

By then I headed down into the yard again, to see how grandpa and big brother were doing with the greenhouse. It is coming along nicely, I’ll admit. They’ve got half of the structure standing now, and it looks splendid.

Afterwards we headed inside, and finally managed a solid edit again. Twelve pages within the next two and a half hours. Yay. Great scene too; first…wait, wait, I need coffee give me a sec…okay…it was the first scene where the female lead practices her vampire prowess, and I had loads of fun with it. Hardly any changes were necessary, which means that inspiration was working well at the time of writing it. It worked out well, if I do say so myself, and since big brother (anal editor incarnate, grrr) said that it came across the way it was intended, I think it is a safe bet. Hah.

There was a short break in the working day, after the edit, where we watched “My life in ruins”. Had fun with it. Very light, cute and entertaining, not bad for a night’s entertainment, I’ll admit.
Afterwards big brother and I headed out into the night for our biweekly scavenge and came back with a full load, yeah. Lots of wood (even though it is going to be a pain to store) and other useful stuff, so neither of us minded too much that we weren’t able to look for our respective beds until well passed two in the morning.

Well, that about sums up the events. I’ve got stuff to do (like checking the tiles before grouting, again) so I better get to it.

No comments: