Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Groceries, you know the drill.

Song of the day: “It’s only pain” by Katie Melua. Good song, but a little melodramatic, maybe.

I’m going to keep this short, I promise, and considering yesterday was the good ol’ grocery shopping day and it was a doozy. But we did see Avatar afterwards and that was rather wonderful. I really enjoyed watching it, I must say. Good old fashioned entertainment with beautiful imagery. There really isn’t anything I can say that wouldn’t just be gushing, so I’m just going to leave it at liking it a lot…the world Cameron created, more than the characters (‘cause, like usual he pulls a teeny bit short on that end) but still. The kid did is nicely, even though his voice reminded me of Russel Crowe, hah. And the Na’vi…well, I’ll repeat, I really, really enjoyed the movie.

So, let’s get on with it. After the last blog we had a small scare with grandpa, who, because he mistakenly believed that a heavy painkiller would help against a stomach ache, and accidentally overdosed himself a little. Boy did he scare us with that. But anyway, we’ve put him on a very mild diet, ‘cause from the sound of his symptoms he is working his way towards and ulcer…I know, been there, done that…and thus we’re going to have to pay close attention.

There was some plastering of walls during the day, to make the greenhouse base look prettier, going around doing gardening stuff, while little brother cleared out one of the old pool rooms so we can start using it for storage.

But anyways, on to today, since after the shopping and the movie, I pretty much conked out for the night. Gawd, I was exhausted, and would have preferred sleeping on for a few more hours when the alarm went off and it was time to start on the new day.

Today was mostly about heading out into the yard (after bringing tenant down to the greenhouse terrace) checking the veggies for bugs, watering what needed to be watered, taking out two lettuces for supper, and then taking up a wheelbarrow with melon plants to put in the ground up in the old horse paddock. Managed to get in fifteen of them, I think, and afterwards took down the same wheelbarrow with sand. Figured I might as well finish with the walls.

Mum made dinner, which was good, and while little brother headed out into the yard again to plant more tomatoes (yes, the supply of those little plants appears to be endless) while little sister and I headed up to the old stable, so we could empty out the first part because grandpa requested it from us. Since it needs to be done anyway, we figured we might as well start on it today.

Of course then, tenant needed to go back to her bungalow, and both brothers and I saw to the task until it was finally time to finish up with the day’s work clean up some of the mess we made and head on up into the house for a night of editing…which reminds me, time to get this over with and get to some real work.

No comments: