Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hairy fight.

Song of the day: “Waka waka” by Shakira. Funny song, and for the Fifa world cup. Didn’t hear all that much of it during the football season, but then, it was not as if I was listening to radio or whatever.

Strange weather today. I am literally in the clouds at the moment, and for this time of year that is practically unheard of. It’s weird, I tell ya, absolutely friggin’ weird.
No matter though, for the plants it is absolutely fabulous, and since anything that is fabulous for the plants means less watering (ergo money) for us, it’s is all good. Hah. Who knows, it might actually rain. *gasps*

So what’s been going on. Not all that much admittedly, but I’ve managed to keep properly busy. There was the yard work, of course. We raking in the tomatoes at the moment, reaping what we sow and all that, hah, and getting approximately 10 pounds a day…which means that we have had ratatouille, soup and today tomato pizza. Yum! It’s absolutely delicious. Five different types of tomatoes layered on the dough, with silver onion slices, diced garlic, fresh basil, chives, oregano and pepper slices. All of that finished off with a mix of Parmesan, cottage cheese and Gouda cheese and you’ve got one heck of a pizza. You should try it some day. I mean seriously, just standing beside the oven smelling the stuff made me drool.

Other than that we’re still getting more zucchinis, I know, no big surprise there, hah, sunflower seeds, peppers, cucumbers and onions. We also had our very first sweet corn the other day, by the way, and it was so darn delicious that I could have stuffed my face if there had been more than a handful available, darn it.

Edits are going splendid…at least they have been since the day before yesterday. First there were seventeen pages in one session, and just yesterday afternoon we raced through twenty-seven friggin’ pages that just flowed smooth as a quiet river in summer. Warm, fun, and easy. Can’t have a better day than that, I assure you.

My reading at the moment consists of gift books. Seeing as I’m still on the no-book-buying-budget/diet, a friend took pity on me and gave m a nice pile of thrillers. For the past week or so I’ve been going through Tess Gerritsen’s Rizzoli and Isles novels, and am finding some enjoyment in them. There are some boring moments, but on the most part I’m properly entertained. Perhaps I should write a review on them in the near future.

Oh my gawd, I just tried my chard pizza and it is absolutely divine. I just might have to stop writing a moment to properly enjoy it………..
Okay, I’m back.

What else…well, yesterday we took the opportunity of a free evening from watering the plants (the younger sibs take that particular chore in the weekend) and poured concrete in the last part of the carport, which is now looking splendid, thank you very much.
Now either we’re going to pour waterworks this afternoon, or we’re going to work on the insides of the basin walls, it’s still up for debate.

It did mean that we were late going inside last night, of course, and that while I had thought that we might actually be in the house before dusk, darn it. But no matter, the floor is done and that means we finished two projects in one day…

Gawd, almost forgot. We also put in the last woodwork of the greenhouse yesterday. Yay. Painted it and everything, so now, as the months go past we’re going to add pane after pane until fall arrives and we’ll have a fully functional greenhouse. Hah. It’s looking great, in case you’re wondering and yes, I will be sure to add pictures in the near future when I need to post all those others I’ve been promising to put up for months now. *sigh*

Last night there was a rather nasty fight between Sonia and Chamea, by the way. Stupid cocker and Irish Setter have been mortal enemies for years, and yesterday they suddenly decided to see who was strongest, again. I couldn’t do anything either while big brother was trying to tear the two apart.
Of course the office door was shut, so I was trying to keep Knight II away from big brother, while trying to keep Jelly and Bambi away from Knight. At the same time, I was trying to get middle sister to understand that she had to get Koefnoen, Micky and the other morons trying to get to the fight in front of the door, out of the way so I could at least take my pack out of the mix. Aaaargh.

Finally she understood, managed to get Mati (black lab) who just barely got a bite out of Knight’s flank…Knight then of course yelped, tried to bite Rhumba before I managed to burst through the door in his pursuit and chased him and the rest of my pack out of the courtyard. Phew. By the time I got back, big brother had managed to get Chamea and Sonia apart. So all that was left for me to do, was shout at the all the others, and nudging them apart until peace returned at last. Yep, those are the fun things of living with a pack of approximately ninety.

Gotta get to the edits, big brother is starting to look at me impatiently, hah.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow! Hairy fight indeed! Glad no one ended up with a piece bitten out of them! The tomato pizza sounds divine--I'll totally have to keep that in mind in the next few weeks when the tomatoes start rolling in, but they are all somewhat too green to eat right now. Speaking of pizza, I hope your chard pizza was good. My mom and I made chard pizza on Friday night (with roasted tomatoes and garlic from last summer, caramelized sweet onions, fresh mozzarella and parmesan) and it was YUMMY!!! So, you are liking the Rizzoli and Isles books huh? Last week I watched the first episode of a TV series based on those books and it was pretty good. I may have to look into reading them (yes, because I totally need something new on my TBR pile--ack!). Good luck with your edit!

Samaya Young said...

Yep, always lucky when no one ends up hurt. ;-)
And yes the chard pizza was splendid, I actually ate it twice...and I totally need to look into roasting tomatoes, that sounds delicious.
Thanks. Only 33 pages to go, yay!