Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

No time for edits, darn it.

Song of the day: “Misfit” by Amy Studt again. Weird; I woke up and there it was. It’s been going ever since.

Yesterday was a busy day for sure. Basically big brother and I were out all day, going back and forth from home with barely a minute to spare in which we could do the necessary edits. Heck, if we managed six pages through the course of yesterday it was a lot, darn it.

First of all we had to go to the garage, where the mechanic had to check if the packing they recently replaced was holding…it didn’t, at least not entirely, we had to bring the car in this morning to have a worn bolt replaced…then we had to go to the insurance company. Seeing it is on the other side of the mountain, it was a thirty minute drive extra at least. We had to pay grandpa’s moped insurance, and considering we were there anyway, I took the chance to ask about my policy to see if the podiatrist was included. It was. Phew. But that’s for later.

That don we had to head over to Málaga to the ITV (technical inspection for vehicles) which is obligatory every six month for our all terrain Land Rover. *sigh*
We came through with flying colors. Such a nice young technician, all amused about them silly foreigners and waving us through asap because, well, it’s such a bother. Hah. I didn’t mind, really, especially not since that meant we could head the heck outta there under an hour. Yay.

Once home, and after a quick, very late breakfast, big brother and I managed a page and a half of the edit before tenant arrived and it was time for me to help her exercise in the pool. She had fun at least, and the water was wonderfully refreshing on what was turning out to be a wonderfully hot day. Good news part is that her left arm is making an effort in trying to help keep her balance, so that means that the reflexes are working at least.

The swimming party took a little longer than expected, so afterwards I had to hurry getting cleaned up and dressed for my doctor’s appointment in the village. I arrived only five minutes late…and then proceeded to have to wait in the waiting area for 45 minutes before I got to see the podiatrist.

Oh my…seriously, in my books he would be like “doable” in ways of looks. Tall, broad, unshaven, buzz cut, and charmingly hapless with his English. Oh man, he’ll have loads of female patients, I’m betting. Hah. Made me laugh just looking at him, and I really had to stop myself from helplessly shaking my head every time he turned on the charm with an embarrassed little smile as he tried to explain something.

But anyways…sorry, got a little distracted there, hah…turns out he’s going to have to make me some sort of insoles, which means that I have to come for another visit, this time at the other clinic, where they’ll make a mold and fit me with some. Other than that, mister brilliant suggested I wear lots of high heels in summer, because it would alleviate the pressure on the hurt part. How I’m supposed to wear heels while working the yard and doing construction, I don’t know, but at least I’ve got plateau thongs that’ll do in a pinch. It won’t be comfortable, but what the heck, it isn’t anyway. Hah.

After that was done arrived home in time to help grandpa out with some “home improvement” stuff in the carport, pet the insane dogs, that were of course feeling neglected, and then went down into the yard to water the plants.

The first melons came out, thank you very much. The sugar babies do their name justice. Tomatoes…well, like expected they’re coming from the plants by the score like expected and I see us eat lots of them yet. Luckily the dogs like them (and zucchinis) too, so we’re sharing. Hah.

We finished the last three hours of the day with a very slow edit, because, let’s face it, I was just about ready to hit the sheets with my eyes firmly shut…so I figured I might as well do that. I was in bed at 2:15 in the morning, which was way too late, considering I could barely get my eyes open this morning. Ah well, tomorrow’s another day.

No comments: