Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Stuff going on.

Song of the day: “Painters” by Jewel, followed by Regina Spector’s “Sampson” when I woke up this morning.

It’s been a busy couple of days. Not titillating at all, but the daily grin and all that, which so obviously seems to fascinate me, eh? Well, if you’re reading this, you probably have some inner part of you that likes to think and do normal stuff, so what the heck, I’ll stay consistent and share the “boring” details with ya.

So, the washing machine was broken, meaning that big brother and I had to tilt the thing up, so we could see what the heck was wrong with it. The stupid machine is barely half a year old (if that much) and already the motor is whirring and yet nothing was turning, aargh. Turns out the rubber band that drives the ton in the back had “somehow” slipped off (turns out it lays on a bare metal wheel without edged or anything, aaaargh!!!) and was now dangling down there, rather uselessly. But anyway, considering I had already taken the opportunity to clean the darn machine in case we had to go to town and bring it to the store for warranty, it was spanking clean by the time it worked again, yay. It’s like I’ve got a new one again. *sigh* Works like a charm too, so all’s well that ends well.

It was absolutely freaky weather yesterday, by the way. Seriously it was 84 degrees, at most. Until mid-afternoon there were clouds covering the entire sky, creating a rather wonderful day for outside work.

For the past couple of days we’ve diligently planting Eucalypti up beside the drive sweep. With we, I mean our friend Dani and I, while big brother and grandpa worked on expanding our storage facility, of what used to be the horse stable. But anyway, since yesterday we planted a total of eighteen little trees, which we’d deliberately nursed in small pots, so we wouldn’t have to dig huge holes into the rocky ground that’s up that. The beauty of Eucalypts in these part that they will grow just about anywhere (and they’re beautiful) and that you only need to water them every two days until winter, then only once a week for two years and viola, they do everything themselves. Did I say already that they’re beautiful?

Yeah, well, that done, it was of course time for an edit…well, not an edit, really, but rather fixing what’s wrong whenever we find it on the prints, and checking some grammatical stuff which has been driving me bonkers for days now. Big brother and I really got into an argument about it, too, seeing as he considered something wrong, and I didn’t, so now we are trying to walk the straight ‘n narrow that’ll satisfy both our tastes.
The discourse made the past few days a tad tense, I’ll admit, but like everything else, we will get over this too…somehow.

After computer work I hollowed out a crate of tomatoes, the fillings went to the dogs, of course, but the fleshy bits I used for another two gallon pan of tomato soup which will be part of today’s lunch, yay. What with fresh herbs, cream cheese and cream in it, I think it will hit the spot nicely. Ah, there’s lunch right now.

Okay, better wrap this up.
After that, and tenant thankfully stating that it was really too cool for a swim, we got to pouring concrete at the bottom of the main path, meaning that we are really starting to make some progress there. Seriously. One more weekend, maybe two, and the entire path will be doable with the wheelchair. Yay. Let's hope we get at least halfway this afternoon...which reminds me, we bought a trailer yesterday. It's an old thing, really, a box on one axle, in fact, but since the design is so simple we will at least be able to do a lot of work on it ourselves. I wonder how much load we'll get into it.

The insoles are working rather well. I do have moments during the day now that my feet don’t hurt all that much. At least, not in the way that it feels like I’m walking on broken glass, just slightly over discomfort, actually. If the podiatrist is right, the insoles should even go as far as solve the problem if I wear them frequently. Well, okay. If you twist my arm. Hah. Besides I’m starting to get used to the big lump underneath my feet, and though it is still exhausting to walk on them, it is worth it.

Lots of ticks at the moment, meaning that the dogs are getting a lot of extra attention, with what they think is extra attention, hah, while we pluck them of the filthy little parasites. It keeps amazing me that most of the black dogs are bothered by the critters, because, for the life of me, I cannot imagine why ticks would prefer that color…and then not even all. I really should get them another anti-parasite bath…even though this session will definitely be in a bathtub, rather than the pool.

Right, I’ve got to take tenant for a swim later on, and, as usual, the book awaits. Gotta go.

No comments: