Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Time gets away.

Song of the day: “Big Yellow Taxi” by Joni Mitchell. Cute song, I love the way she plays with her voice. Though, admittedly I don’t dislike the Janet Jackson version, nor the Counting Crows with Vanessa Carlton, but what the heck, Joni it is today.

During the course of yesterday I paid dearly for my short jog with Knight II. The big lug really needed to run for a bit, and since he will only do that with me leading the way, well…you get my drift, I’m sure. Stupidly I forgot to don the foot support I really should wear for such ventures (at least for the time being) and seeing as I wasn’t wearing my insoles either by the time I returned to the car there were these cold slivers of ice going through my foot, right before it felt like my heel was on fire. Darn it!

But whatever, lots of things there to keep me busy, and I grabbed hold of them with both hands. Not much use in maudlin about things you can’t change, and that “discomfort” will be there whether I pay attention to it or not, and whether take it easy or not.

Still working on the trailer, which has almost got its paint job done completely. It is starting to look pretty nifty, if I do say so myself. Silver/metallic with wood and screwing around with the friggin’ wiring, which appears to be completely messed up. It’ll take some figuring out, but we’ll get there.

Gardening going on, naturally, and the experimental pumpkin meal…Oh my gawd, it was friggin delicious, I tell ya. Big slices of it, half a centimeter thick (approx. 3 creditcards together) in a frying pan with melted butter (the real kind, hah) sizzling hot. Sprinkle some chopped onions over it, a bit of salt, turn them until you’ve got a nice crust going on both sides, but before the “meat” turns mushy, lay some cheese on it until it melt and serve on French bread. Gawd, I ate more than my fare share I’ll tell ya.

But back to the gardening (I got a mite distracted by the memory of my last two lunches) we’re racking in about 30 pounds of tomatoes a day, but the first plants are starting to wane, so the production should be going down soon enough. The eggplants are growing nicely, we’ve got about four veggies hanging around the place. They’re growing slowly but steadily. Had our first taste of yellow tomatoes and I love them, thank you very much. I am not a big tomato fan, but they are a bit less sour in my estimation. There’s always the watering.

I’ve been spending quite a bit of time working with tenant, seeing as her caregiver had to go to her new job twice. It eats into my day for sure, but it is worth it. Besides, we had a nice swimming session, along with nice chats and singing old nursery rhymes from back in the day, which the both of us still know so well…makes grandpa laugh, since we often come up with songs that he hasn’t heard in half a decade or so. Hah.

Strange, but I’ve found that tenant manages to walk and move best when she is distracted by other things than the actual action she is trying to achieve. As soon as she focuses too hard, and tries to do it well, that’s when the trouble starts.

Edits: they’re not going to bad these past couple of days, thankfully. Managed a chapter or two, in fact…and seeing I’m running way behind, I really should leave it at this so we can get to work on the manuscript. I’ll be back, I’m sure.

No comments: