Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Weirder than usual?

Song of the…hey there wasn’t one today. That is weird…or maybe not. Today was the dreaded day again. You know. Grocery shopping day. Aaaargh. *coughs, almost chokes, and gets back in control* Phew. Hah.

And that after my first day “at the job”…oh my. This reminds me, I’ve gotta spill the beans about that one, don’t I? I did promise. Okay, twisted my arm you did.
It wasn’t too bad, I’ll admit. I might have come across as a bit odd, or weird even, but let’s face it, I am that, so what the heck. At least I stayed consistent.

First off, I decided to go with a brown T-shirt on top of the baggy pants. The weather was a little nippy up here, but regretfully that turned out to be different down by the sea so I was friggin’ hot most of the evening. Hah. But no matter. I had my good shoes on, (with the insoles, yes) and it all went fine, I’ll admit. I certainly got my exercise hopping in and out of that van and I got to see places I had never seen before.

Yikes, you really have no idea how many foreigners live ‘round here (said the foreigner *snort*) but there you have it, piles and piles of apartments filled with folks from all over the world.
But anyways, I know most of the areas that I need to cover. At least well enough not to lose my direction…too badly. Hah. It took my foot three hours before it started complaining, and though by the end of eight hours of hopping in and out, up and down, under and on top and whatever the heck you’ve got beside those, I was seriously contemplating chopping the stupid thing off. Seriously, that foot is seriously POing me with the friggin’ plantars effing faciitis and the cramps and the whatevers. By the end of the evening it felt as if I was walking on raw bone and that just won’t do…and if I don’t shut the heck up about this right now, I’m going to complain all night.

Since I refuse to do that, let’s do Positives instead:

1. I make a few bucks, meaning that I’ll be able to pay dog operations, car repairs and whatnot when (hopefully never, but I doubt I’m that lucky) they occur. Yay.

2. I get my exercise. What with all the writing, I’m really not getting enough what with the sporadic concrete pouring and gravel hauling, so, double yay.

3. I get to drive, which is never a bad thing. Except on the off chance that I might fall asleep behind the wheel at some point. Hah. Half a yay!

4. I get to meet a fascinating array of people who’ll be a very nice mold for any characters I still need to create in the near future. Yay. Besides, it will be good for my minimal people-skills.

5. My dogs were still alive when I got home, which deserves a triple yay…if not for the reason that there is absolutely no reason for them not to be alive. Hah.

6. I discovered that carrying ten stacks of papers is far more comfortable than fourteen…learn something new every day.

And that should about do it, don’t you think? Sure, I should be more explicit and everything, but it’s late and I’ve just got seven harrowing hours of grocery shopping behind me. Nope, my left foot (no, that is not a movie reference) did not agree with walking all over town hauling bags, shopping carts and…all that other stuff. We managed once again, of course, and stayed under budget.

Gawd, I’m starting to become giddy from the thought of going to bed within the next two hours. Seriously, after I got home ‘round two in the morning, I passed out until morning, and then we had to depart before I finished rubbing out my eyes. Tomorrow won’t be any better either, considering I will have to head to Marbella to pick up our friend for her weekly visit.

I think I’m going to leave a little early too, seeing as I wanna go over it while it’s still fresh in my head. So I really should start wrapping this up…my eyes are drooping anyway…and head for bed. I can hear it calling, seriously. It would be mean to just let it stand there, waiting for me, all alone, and everything.

Okay, leaving. I’m starting to sound weird…well, weirder than usual anyway. Besides, there’s nothing else to tell except that we gathered another nice tomato harvest after we got home. Had a full kilo of cherry tomatoes from a single plant, I tell ya.I didn't get any writing done today, and that was just freaky. I don't know why6, but now there is this fear inside me that tells me that I will never be able to again now. Hah. Gawd, the way thoughts like that occur: It's just stupid, isn't it?
Oh yeah, and we had rather nice melon that I would really enjoy another piece of right now. I can’t of course, since we already finished it, but hope springs eternal, as they say. *sigh*

No comments: