Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A little bit of this, a little bit of...that?

Song of the day: “Don’t marry her, have me” by the Beautiful South. I’m not even sure that is the right title, but what the heck. It’s the part that sticks. Hah.

Okay, so there is not a lot to say about yesterday, really. Considering it was raining like heck, there wasn’t all that much I could do while big brother was messing around with the repairs of battery charged tools and grandpa was busy with his own stuff.

So I started out the day with the usual batch of laundry. That was of course followed by some cleaning, such as the glazed glass fixtures in the house, tackling spider webs and cleaning out another set of drawers. I know, very tedious, huh? I wish there was something of more interest to share, but basically that’s the high note of yesterday.

There were several hours spent in the carport making a couple of shelves for beside the laundry machine. The friggin’ mess there is P.O.ing me, and I really want to put the detergent and softeners somewhere neat. Luckily, everything I need was available and I let the lot dry from the lick of paint that got slapped on.

The last thing in the afternoon, while big brother tackled the back door of the Land Rover, was me taking Touri to the vet. Poor Touri’s bump on the hip has once again grown and now he’s once more in pain. I decided that it was enough and brought him over. Of course the vet’s first thought was that it was cancer or a swollen anal gland. I told her it was just a swelling, so she checked. I hate it when they start prodding a lump with a needle the way she did. Seriously, it hurt Touri more the rest of the evening than the bump did.

She made an X-Ray to see if the bone had been affected, but it wasn’t, and the anal gland didn’t appear affected either, so now I have an appointment on Monday morning where she’ll operate to remove the lump. She warned that there could be nerve damage, but she’ll have to see when she opens him up. Until then he’s on an anti-inflammatory and the dratted antibiotics. They really should be careful with antibiotics. It’s as if they are unaware that every time you take them you ruin some vital bacteria in you intestines that you then will never get back. Where will you be if they’re all gone, I wonder. *sigh*

But anyway, afterwards, once I got Touri home, I called my own doctor (I’ve postponed it long enough) and made an appointment for Monday afternoon. Had to do it in Spanish, considering the assistant doesn’t speak English, but it went well enough. These past few months of reading Spanish out loud have been paying off after all, I guess.

The evening ended on a rather wonderful edit of almost a full chapter, which then brings us to today, of course.

A beautiful day, in case you’re wondering. The day started with the sun coming out of the hill, and it stayed with us the entire day. Made use of it too, if you must know, but first there was the laundry (duh) and then making an apple/pear pie. Last night I was thinking of that particular flavor and for that very reason I just had to make a couple. Seriously, I was salivating and it took less than half an hour anyway, and considering grandpa and big brother had to go pick up grandpa’s moped again (it broke down on the way home from the village, darn it) they got me a bag of apples.

Got the whole thing done before noon, so I still had time to hang my shelves. They look very nice, thank you very much. Then I headed down to put the cauliflower plants outside. We’ve got to let them adjust to the cold gradually. And did a quick round of the garden. This effort left me with four tomatoes. Hah.

Tenant came down to sit on my porch again, of course, and she had a pleasant day, she claimed, reading, petting dogs and just enjoying the view.

Afterwards (after the garden, you know) big brother was home and we had breakfast prior to started on the day’s task.
The Basin! Yep. What the weather so splendid we thought it a great opportunity to start on the basin wall anew. Great stuff, building walls. Grandpa made cement, our friend Dani joined in again, and together we put up about a foot of wall, on half the length. Considering it is also part of the bulwark that is supposed to make the wall stronger and give us a stairs at the same time, that’s quite a bit of cement and rocks.

We went through five mixers of cement and most of our laboriously hauled rocks by the greenhouse. Before we can continue on the next time, we’re going to have to haul both first.
It looks nice and solid I’ll admit, and if this will topple under the pressure I’ll be properly impressed. Seriously, it looks like it will survive a nuclear holocaust. Hah.

By the time we were done for the day and had cleaned up the mess we were about ready to call it a day, hah. Once in the house I shoved the pies in the oven, warmed up the day’s dinner and then flopped down at my desk to write this…might as well have skipped it for all the “interesting” stuff in it, eh?
Ah well, maybe the next time I’ll have something fun to note. It will be my birthday after all. Hah.

No comments: