Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Not much to say.

Song of the day: “Forever” by Chris Brown. I think it’s because this is the song my phone plays as an alarm. It is a rather nice song to wake up to, I’ll admit. Makes me smile every time.

I’m running a little behind again, seeing as I just got back from getting rocks. Yep, it’s that time again. Since we’re going to have to double to get the basin done before the end of February, we’ve gotta start stockpiling the rocks. Only got a relatively small stash today, what with the labor being somewhat unpracticed again, but we’ll get into full swing soon enough.

Okay, yesterday was spent working on the upper patio door. We took the old frame apart, replaced the rotten and broken part, and then covered the lot with hardwood slats. They’re of a red color with beautiful black burn marks on them. A side effect of the sawing machine that works really well for something such as this. We worked on the blasted thing (two of us) for eight hours, but managed to finish it enough to have a door during the night. Hah.

I made pictures of the process, of course…but of course my camera messed up and the friggin’ pictures are gone. Darn it! Now I can’t show the before and after. Grrr. I’ll have to make some new pics, but those will only show the after, blast it.
Stupid camera.

But anyway…
Today we spent most of the day working on putting in a doorpost for the door, and the majority of the morning I scrubbed the pantry, made a fresh tomato sauce for tonight’s pasta, hung a humongous load of laundry, because I really have to make use of the good weather. Seriously. The sun was shining when I woke up this morning, and I was determined to get through the load ASAP. Almost done now, thank you very much

Considering tenant’s caregiver was out to her other job, I helped tenant after my chores and walked her down to my terrace so she’d have company for the remainder of the day. She appeared to enjoy the sunshine at least, and joined us for lunch. Baked pumpkin slices with onion, peppers and cheese on French bread. It hit just the right spot.

Yesterday’s edit didn’t go as well as it should have, but we’re past half the story now, so we’re still making good progress.

Mom and the sibs went to the market, like they do every week, and did well. Apparently they had good sales going, which is a definite plus.

Sitabah has formed a slight cough of late, so I’m going to keep her inside a bit more for the next few days. Can’t have a sick dog right now, so a bit of caution is warranted. They sure don’t like the cold nights, considering the bed crawlers of them are determined to cuddle close in the night. Seriously. Knight II wedges himself between us on the bed and will stab, hipbones, shoulder blades and anything else pointy (which covers a lot of ground with him) into my back, gut and legs. Yikes, that hurts.

Well, I’ve gotta get to work, so I’ll cheat today and not be too elaborate. Nothing really new to mention anyway. *sigh*
Oh wait. I saw a movie last night. "Law Abiding Citizen" with Gerard Butler and Jamie Fox, I think. Not a bad movie, but also not stunning, much to my regret. I do have to admit that it was an excellent revenge movie. Boy, did Butler take it to the limit. Ouch!

No comments: