Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, March 7, 2011

New edits. Yay!

Song of the day: “Wouldn’t it be nice” by the Beach boys! Yay. The friggin’ song has been in my head for 52 hours, 17 minutes and 34 seconds, give or take, and it is driving me (and everyone else) bonkers!!!

I had a great dream the other day (I was moving to the States, yay) and I had a sucky dream this night, so since they cancel themselves out, I’m not going to bother telling about either. Hah.

Okay, so what’s been going on? I can vaguely remember some details, so I am not going to bother figuring out what was when and just hope for the best.

First off, we finally found an affordable woodstove for tenant’s place. It is tiny, simple but perfectly serviceable. It’s going to be fascinating to install in the near future. I never did a stove before. Hah.

New project, for as long as the weather is this iffy, is working on a field kitchen. Seriously, I kid you not. I’m going to put together a portable wood-burning kitchen, because I can’t stand going inside in the middle of the day, and waste away the hours behind the stove, when I might as well do it outside.
Fascinating, I tell you. Not only am I going to try to make a furnace kind of thing that will run on wood, nope, I’m going to put an oven in the back so I can make bread, pizza and oven dishes, just because I friggin like doing it.

The oven is coming along nicely FYI. It will be of stainless steel, and I’ve already got the shape in place. There will be a stone bottom, for the stone baked pizzas, you know, and by the time I’ve attached all the sections I spent hours bending yesterday, it is going to be mighty exciting to see if it will fit. We’ve got this huge carcass of metal, you know, and that will be outer shell of the furnace.

Talking about the actual furnace…it will have only one cooking plate, meaning it is relatively small, but that’s okay. It’s gotta remain portable after all. I was aiming for wheels, but considering the heat it will give up, I think I’m going to have to go for paws instead. It will require some thought yet, I’m thinking. Hah.

Since the sibs are going to need more space for their market stuff, we’re looking around as to how we can create more storage space. It’s not going to be easy, I tell ya, but it’s gotta be done one way or other.

Touri is feeling poorly again, poor darling. I think the problem is returning, meaning that if something doesn’t happen in the near future, I’m going to have to make another one of those horrible decisions again. Darn it. I hate it when that happens, in particular because he is still such a young dog, really, and when he isn’t in pain, he does enjoy life so much. Damn it. I’m not going to choke up about this yet. Nothing has happened so far and who knows, maybe his body is able to tackle the problem if just given a little bit of time. I’m just going to look at it one day at a time and see how it goes.

A.I.L. is now genuinely done until an editor asks for it, so let’s keep appendages crossed, eh?
As of today we’re working, once more on A.T.O.L. Yay. I am genuinely looking forward to it, in particular after doing a flick like A.I.L. Vampires here I come. Hah.

On a literary note, I started rereading M.M. Kaye’s “Trade Wind” last night, and I am psyched. Seriously, that is the type of book that made me want to be a writer. In the sentences, and structure of the story on itself, there is art. A perfect example of how a story is supposed to be told in florid and intricate language that speaks not only to the imagination but also to one’s sense of adventure. It makes me almost regretful that I wasn’t born fifty years ago, because this is the type of writing I would love to do: Sentences a whole paragraph long, flowing from one subject to the next and keeping the reader fully on his/her toes until there is this intricate painting inside your head that is as real as the book you hold in your hands. *sigh*

But I wasn’t born fifty years ago, and these days readers (and thus publishers) like short, to the point sentences that do not require more than a single glance to understand. Time is of the essence these days, and therefore the simplicity of less-is-more is the fad. *double sigh*

I splurged a bit of time this morning and changed my sheets. Really, I will not regal the horrors of what all has happened to my bed this week, but let me tell you that clean sheets were a prerogative what with muddy paws and soppy furs slapping down on top of the blankets.

I also hung a new little cupboard in my bathroom, because the old one simply won’t do anymore. It’s a bit small, but I’ll ad another shelf to it in the near future.

Made chili sin carne yesterday and it was yummy, thank you very much. In particular with pancakes that I made from the whey of the cream cheese I made the other day. Who would have guessed that pancakes of whey could be so friggin’ delicious? It surprised me really, but since I had more left, I also made them this morning, which had tenant rather thrilled. She loves pancakes.

There was of course the usual trip for rocks, even though we have decided to lessen our trips now that the supply is starting to get high. We will need to get some more sand in the near future, but by then the weather should start to improve and we will be able to start with the wall.

Gardening was part of the schedule too, of course. The greenhouse is a rather wonderful place to stay at when the weather is like this. The temperatures are at least five degrees more in there.

Well, I’ve got to get going. My new edit is waiting, and I am more than eager to dive into it. We’ve got a deadline, you know, so…by bye.

No comments: