Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Screaming?

Song of the day: “One hand in my pocket” by Alanis Morissete. I know, weird, huh? Still, cool song.

I am incredibly late again, and I know that I can’t foist today’s blog off with a picture gallery, so let’s just think for a minute (very hard, that) and do a proper update before I leave again to other more pressing ventures.

First of all, the Daewoo. Blast it all to heck, but it is once again going to cost a mint. Seriously, all the car trouble this past year are driving me positively bonkers, every time I think we have our savings up to date, something like this happens. But anyway, this little venture cost us two trips to town, half a day and, well, frankly I’m running on fumes.

Yesterday was pleasantly spent in the yard, thank Gawd. If not, I might have ended up screaming today. It was such beautiful weather, and since the mint was choking the strawberries, I spent half an hour infused by the scent of mint. In one word: Wonderful.
Added to that the strawberries have been busy this winter. They’ve multiplied at the very least meaning that we might actually end up with a strawberry field after all.

The pumpkin seedlings are doing splendid in the greenhouse, but we’re going to have to wait at least another month before we put them out into the yard.
We don’t know yet if the tomatoes will work in the greenhouse. They’re getting bigger, but insects are sparse in there.
The potatoes are looking wonderful, growing up rapidly. A few weeks from now and the ground will be invisible.

All the drips of the fruit trees have been located and are back in working order, several of the citruses have “mirrors” under them, to keep the weeds to a minimum. We have already used the basin twice, and have pulled massive amounts of weeds. Fun bit is that we ate a large portion of chard yesterday and it was absolutely yummy.

This afternoon we spent several hours working on my new laundry lines. The new carriers are up, and eight new lines are already in place. It’s looking beautiful, and I am (much to my embarrassment) almost ecstatic with them. How weird is that? Should I have kept that to myself, you think? Hah.

We took the fan off the ceiling in the sitting area and cleaned the entire thing up proper during the course of the afternoon. Which reminds me, before that I had to go to the village to bring Sally to her doctor’s appointment. I had fully intended to write this blog then, but since grandpa needed to have his mailbox checked, I had to park all the way at the beginning of the village and then needed to walk a good fifteen minutes towards the center, and then back. *sigh* I did manage to keep up a good pace, so at least I got my exercise…but no blog. Suffice it to say, I had just unlocked the car to get in when Sally phoned to let me know that I could come pick her up. *double sigh*

What else?
Oh yes, Touri had his stitches removed. Turns out there is very little left for the vet to do, and since it would have no use, she says, to operate again if the problem recurs, Touri’s body is either going to have to find a way to deal with this problem (with a little help, of course) or our days together are numbered…which depresses me to no end.

Another bit of depressing news is that it would seem that there went something completely haywire with out internet, bringing the bill up to a solid 200 bucks extra. I saw it, and felt my stomach plummet. Seriously, that’s freaky. We have no idea how it happened. We might need to visit with the phone shop to figure it out, because this is weird.

Grandpa is busy making a closet for caregiver’s apartment, with the help of Dani, who’s having a blast with it, I think.

This morning I experimented with making a herbal cream cheese, and it worked rather well, even though it was a tad sour. I’ll need to try out some other ways, but we’ll get it worked out, I’m sure.
There was a nourishing veggie soup today, even though I didn’t even have the time to drink a lot of it. In the end I had one cup, because we had to drive to town to pick up the Daewoo, of course.…And I really should make another thyme potion for the dogs with ear problems.

Edit wise we’re going strong. With a little luck we can start sending it out sometime next week…at which time we can also start the paper (and final) edit of A.T.O.L. I am looking forward to it.

No comments: