Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pics and dialogue

Okay, as promised here’s Bakti II pictures. Aaaaawwwww.




Isn’t he a cute little Mutt? Makes ya break out in baby talk, I tell ya. Hah. Turns out I had his age wrong, though. He's 12 weeks, or so. Ah well, still a baby anyway. Hah.




Seriously, his whole body is barely the size of Knight II’s head. It’s just weird. I was downright scared to even pick him up. I'm used to waaaaay bigger ones. Hah.




*sigh*

But anyway, here’s the Song of the day: Well, there’re two today, actually. “Apple Jack” by Dolly Parton and “Don’t worry, be happy” by Bobby McFerrin. Sometimes I wonder about these combinations that keep popping up in my head. I swear, yesterday evening I had “I need you” by LeAnn Rimes and “I hope you Dance” by Leann Womack chasing through my brain. Do you suppose it was the Leann bit that connected them? Hah.

So, yeah, yesterday was a friggin’ busy day, and I barely spent half of it at home where I could do something useful. Luckily there was still book work. Another few pages got added to the in-between-project, so yay, and yeah, there’s actual writing involved still, so I am psyched.

The weather has been wonderful, even though right this instance clouds are rolling in, which freaks me out because I was so enjoying the wonderful high eighties, low nineties temperatures. Seriously, I was pondering breaking out the summer clothes, digging into storage, putting away winter stuff, but then...there’s the clouds again, with even a threat of rain! What is this world coming to, this is friggin’ Southern Spain for crying out loud, and we’re about to enter June of all times. I’m supposed to start sweltering just about this time of year. *sigh*

But, let’s get back on track. Yesterday: The day started a little late, seeing as I slept through my alarm...which I absolutely hate. There’s nothing that screws with your day than starting off being behind on schedule. Messes with my head I tell ya, and because of it I had to rush through the morning rituals (another thing I hate) and laundry and...well, by then I was back on schedule and headed out into the yard.

Hmmm. Nothing like spending a few hours in the sweltering sun (yep, there was actually some sweltering involved yesterday. Wonderful) early in the day, before it is time to retire in the wonderfully cool shade on the terrace. Seriously, it is a marvelous spot. Got a view of the sea, the valley and loads of flowers from where I’m sitting right now. The added bonus is that it is basically the only spot on the property where there is at least a bit of wind 95 percent of the summer...once the temperatures hit the triple digits that is really something you learn to appreciate.
Now those remaining five percent...those are the days you just want keep quiet and wait until the summer is over. Hah.

After siesta time (a lot of places around here are closed between two and five) big brother and I headed back Malaga to pick up the Land Rover. Luckily the repair didn’t cost all that much, at least not when it concerned parts. Apparently a pin had broken, meaning that they had to get into the transmission and replace it, costing us a solid five man hours. Yikes. Expensive little mishap, but luckily still affordable. Considering they were in there anyway, they also added oil to the transmission (apparently there was five liters missing for some odd reason) meaning that we won’t have to worry about that for another four to five months at least. *sigh*

Now, we were supposed to go past a big domestic appliance store on our way back to pick up an affordable fridge for tenant, but big brother forgot and raced right past while I tried to gesture him off the highway. Heck, I even tried to call him, but alas,there were way too many coppers on the road, and we got to town before he finally got a clue and pulled over.

Let me share our dialogue, because it was hysterical...in particular if you imagine me hanging out the passenger window of the Land Rover, while big brother sat behind the wheel of the Daewoo Matiz (which is tiny...in particular compared to big brother who is like a giant).

Me: What are you doing?
Big brother: What do you mean? We had to pick up that stuff first, right. *He looked confused.*
Me: I tried to phone you two or three times. Why didn’t you pick up?
Big brother: No you didn’t. I’ve got the phone right here. Didn’t hear a thing. *Held the phone up in demonstration.*
Me: I did. Two or three times. *He checked.*
Big brother: I didn’t hear.
Me: Uh-huh. Now we gotta go back. *I looked at him meaningfully*
Big brother: Back?
Me: Yup. Back.
Big brother: Back where? *he blinked confusion*
Me: Malaga.
Big brother: Malaga. Why? *I rolled my eyes.*
Me: Appliance store. Fridge. Cheap. Ring a bell?
Big brother: “Fri...ooooooh. Shaite. I completely forgot.
Me: No! Really? *He nodded, sighing deeply.*
Me: Park the Daewoo, we’ll pick it up on our way back.

So there we went, tearing back over the highway (luckily the Land Rover is nicely frugal on the highway) and heading right back to the city. There was one more fridge available, so after finally getting some assistance from the two-men counting staff (seriously there were like thirty people there, with only two guys to help customers in that particular section. I know because I found one in the computer game section who was picking his nose, and send me right back to the dudes that were busy). But anyway, when he did finally come to help us with our purchase, he requested assistance from big brother (had a bit of a misunderstanding there, since I thought he asked me, and I was already lifting the thing up when I realized that he meant big brother behind me, hah. Didn’t way a thing.) But anyway, looking at the verge of bursting out laughing, like me, big brother “helped” the dude drag the fridge to the register where we paid and passed through within ten more minutes.

We barely didn’t make it to our appointment of picking up donation stuff for the sibs’ and mom’s market stand. Since we had to go out anyway, we offered to pick it up. Turned out that it was too much for one trip, so we loaded it all up with the fridge, headed on home, unloaded and then headed straight back out to get the remainder of the donation. In fact we didn’t get home from the second round (folks had been nice and left it outside for us) ‘till after one in the morning. *sigh* Gotta love them all-nighters.

I can assure you that I was more than happy to see my bed (and dogs by that time) but, of course, I didn’t get to bed until ‘bout three in the morning, meaning that I got too little sleep, again. Ah well, who needs sleep anyway.

This morning mostly involved unloading the car, sorting through the donation stuff, helping tenant because caregiver was out on her other job again, and then heading down to water some of the new plantsies (Chinese cabbage is coming up, yay...at least, I think it’s yay, because I never actually ate it, hah.) before the heat of the day really settled in...hey, things cleared up again. Phew.

Well, I’ve got more to do, so I’m going to leave the blog at this and say by bye.

No comments: