Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Diversity

Song of the day: “Come on” by Will Young. I only recently discovered this song, but it’s catchy and it has been going through my head most of the day. The video wasn’t the best choice, but the song makes up for that. He should have gone for something impressive, though (I love dogs, but this was a little silly) like he slouching on a couch in a coffee shop, or something, being really depressed, and then a girl comes in, the sun shines behind her just as the music picks up. It would have suited really well, I think.

But anyway, that’s my idea on it. What can I say, I’m a sucker for romance. Hah.
So what’s been going on these first couple of days of the year? Oh yes, I can hear you wonder about that. Bet you’re on the edge of your seat right now. *snort*

Okay. Yesterday morning I woke early due to a rather tense dream about a post-apocalyptic world. I remember too little of the dream to do a proper recount (darn it) but I do remember that Viggo Mortenson and Eric Bana were in it. Which is weird because Mortenson looked like he did in “The Road” a movie I haven’t seen yet, and Bana looked like the movie Hannah, which I didn’t find all that impressive. I’m always confused when I have dreams like that. But anyway, we were on the run for something and in the dream I was kinda impressed with myself for being able to run up a mountain at top speed without losing my breath. Hah.
I reached the top and then woke up shaking my head. I snoozed for another thirty minutes before it was time for a workout. Had a good one too.

There were the normal morning chores, you know the ever lasting laundry and such. Did some organizing in my cabin, because stuff is falling off my horizontal surfaces. Yes, I know, it’s a mess in my place, and though I changed the sheets the other day, I really should spend a few hours in there cleaning up. But seriously, who’s got time for shaite like that. There is so much to do, and since I basically drop in bed the moment I come inside in the evening, it really isn’t all that pressing. *sigh*

Had to unload the car, and spent about half an hour hanging the oak wood door on my new bathroom cupboard. Then put the sink in the wash basin, and prepared it all for installation in the near future. For the rest of the day I worked on the wooden coffee table I’m restoring for market sales. It is starting to look pretty darn good. I’ll post a picture once I’m done.

I did work on too long, considering I crashed a little once I called it a day. For me personally, (in particular emotionally) the first couple of days of the year felt rather peculiar, if you must know. I don’t know why, either, it just felt off, if that makes any sense. I often have that with New Years, so I can’t really say that I was surprised, but it is always a tad disconcerting.

It didn’t help either that I was bothered by a dizzy spell. Seriously, I had to ask Grandpa to take tenant up, because I was afraid that I might lose my balance along the way.

Did have a wonderful meal of veggies dipped in dough and fried along with my chickpea patties. All very tasteful, in particular when dipped in a sweet chilli sauce.
Ate way too much, of course, but that doesn’t matter. I do have to admit that eating enough to get all your nutritional values back up to normal is exhausting. Seriously, I should be eating two full warm meals a day just to keep up (let alone to build them) my blood levels. We were talking about that just today, in fact. It requires planning, creativity and time (not to mention that unpleasant stuffed feeling from time to time) to get it done.

Our edit yesterday evening got done…though we were a page short, mostly due to midnight having arrived and me being unable to keep my eyes open another second longer. Since the dizziness persisted through the evening, I was glad to hit the sack at around one thirty in the morning.

Which brings us to today, doesn’t it?
Well, no workout due to a rather fierce wind this morning, and me staring at the swaying trees (my head still on the pillow) too long, trying decide about whether I was getting up for a workout or not. By the time I finally woke up for real it was too late, really, so no workout. Pity too. No matter that I sometimes don’t feel like it in the morning, I do know that the rest of the day is usually better when I do one.

After the usual chores in the house, I headed down into the yard to open the greenhouse and the raised seedbed. Finally the lettuce are coming up, along with the new beans I sowed. Yay.

That done, I headed down to water the new cabbages/cauliflowers using the basin, of course. They’re all looking pretty good, I was pleased to note, in particular since young plants often can’t stand the wind all that well.

Afterwards I helped big brother with rearranging the solar panel batteries. The old spot was developing too much rust and we feared that the darn things would drop through the bottom, so we put them elsewhere.

Helped grandpa bending this big heavy grate work that soon will be an arch over by the old bus. The intention is to let a jasmine vine grow in it, and personally I think it will look grand.

The dogs kinda liked this time in the lower yard. I actually have a picture with at least eighteen of 'm on it. Gawd, if only it were easier to post pictures. I'd put it on here on the spot.

While there, Dani (she came over today) climbed into one of the eucalypti trees where five tips broke out during the latest storm.
I’d already climbed in before her, but opted not to risk a fall since the tree isn’t all that big and the branches hung through way too much. Since I’m bigger and heavier, with Dani they seemed to hold well enough, so I stood underneath trying to assist where I could and then grabbing hold of the branch she was sawing through, and yanking it down the last few feet. Didn’t manage all of the broken branches, what with three of them being to high, but two at least came down.

That done big brother and I headed up to work on installing my new bathroom cupboard. There was some improvising involved, but we did manage in the end, and it looks rather marvelous. I’ve got pictures, no worries, but basically it’s of oak wood, a dove gray/lapis blue/soft pink top and a white porcelain wash basin. It fits, but it did get to be a bit bigger than I’d intended, darn it. No matter, though. It’ll allow me to store some stuff at least. I’m getting to be sick and tired of having to stuff everything on an open shelf.

Used silicone to kit the basin in, connected all the tubing and were done at around twilight. I like it. It’s even a little fancy. Hah.

And that brings us to the end of the day. Mom and the sibs had a reasonably good day at the market, but they’ll be happy when they go back to the regular Sundays now that the big holidays are over.

I still have an edit to catch up on, and then I’m hoping for an early night…which is doubtful, since it is quite possible that I still need to go out.

No comments: