Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Row

Song of the day: “Love the way you lie” by Eminem and Rihanna. Yeah, I know. Eminem, right? So unlike me, but the song is nice enough and regretfully catching. Of course I don’t know the lyrics well enough to actually sing the Eminem pieces, but what the heck.

What with getting to bed rather late the day before yesterday, getting up in time was a bit iffy. Did manage (with difficulty) and got down my workout at about ten to nine. Had a good session, if a bit hurried. Not so much less, just faster than usual to make up for lost time, which has its own advantages.

The weather has been divine these past couple of days. Sure the nights are a little on the chilly side, but the skies are clear and the wind has been behaving (on the overall). Seriously, right now I’m standing on the terrace in front of my cabin the sun shining from the south west (twilight is only a couple of hours away) there’s a gentle northern breeze, and right now things could hardly be better. It’s beautiful, golden light touching green eucalypti leaves, purple bougainvillea flowers, the spry light green of the night blooming jasmine and the much darker hue of the passion flower vine clinging to the carport. Shadows dance over the ground, the walls, soft grays interrupted by a bright gold and even pink as everything looks vividly alive in the advance of sunset. On the slope green grass grows in spare tufts that are lit up as if they’re covered by fairy dust, and the dark green cypresses are swaying like dancers against the blue horizon. There’s a haziness to the air over the valley, but this only gives the view a somewhat fairy tale quality that makes me feel as if I’m on a different world. (The fact that I’m still reading Jack Vance could be part of the reason for this, hah.) But anyway, this weather is what you live in Spain for: Sunny winter days that will make living outside absolutely wonderful.

But right, I was talking about yesterday. After workout and the usual chores in the house I had breakfast because I was absolutely starving for some reason. That done, the car unloaded of another batch of sand, I went down to the carport to pack the Middle East style, coffee table I’ve been restoring this past week or so. It worked out really well, by the way. It looks beautiful, and it should make a nice buck or two at the market at some point.

Afterward it was down to the yard with the lot of us. I did some harvesting (chickweed, broccoli, wild onion, pumpkin and some lingering tomatoes) while big brother hosed down the new plants that really can’t handle the wind and sunshine yet. Since it is basin water, basically these plants are free, which is an excellent way to save money, I have to say. Not to mention that it is devilishly healthy. Hah.

I liked it, the being in the yard bit. The sun was warm, the wind practically non-existent and with a little luck I will retain some of my tan this winter. Most of the day’s harvest was used for dinner to boot, so yay.

Tenant opted to stay on my cabin terrace the majority of the day. She does enjoy the spot a lot, what with it being out of the wind and the sun shining there for several hours. Luckily, in summer, it will be far more shady there.

Once done with the yard big brother and I worked in the carport, designing and putting together a proper box that holds the converter for the solar panels, or at least it will hold it once it’s done. It is a simple design, really. Grate work on the sides, wooden panels for the top, bottom, and the back, with on the back another grille for the optimum of ventilation. Got the majority done pretty fast, and were done for the day in time to head out for another batch of rocks. Since we were out anyway, Knight II had a nice little walk, despite the fact that he still sees the great outdoors and “Yuck, dirt between my toes!”
*snort*

Afterwards was a quick cooking session, followed by wolfing it down and working on the edit. Since I had to wait for big brother to finish his part, I managed a catnap and enjoyed it to such an extent that I was in a bad mood after waking. I had asked big brother to wake me after half an hour but he forgot, so I slept more than an hour, which is not at all conducive. It just makes me grumpy to have that long a nap.

But anyway, we got into a row about a scene, where he suggested (and I use that term broadly) to sake a large piece and added, after I said, “but if I take that out, the next piece won’t work,” “so put a sentence there to connect it again” as if that is not difficult at all. Seriously, have you ever had to compact half a page in one sentence. Grrr.
Be that as it may, we got through the day’s edit without killing each other (it was a close call, though) and got to bed way late because of the row. Hah.

Well, I was over it this morning, and since there was no workout, I went down to the house where I did the normal morning chores (you know, laundry and such *snort*) before having breakfast and heading on up to visit with tenant who joined us later on by the carport while we finished the box for the solar panel controls. Added a trap door for it (with a window in it so you don’t actually have to open it to check the lights) a proper electric box and on the overall finishing everything up that we didn’t manage yesterday.

Since big brother had taken apart metal shelving earlier in the day, I spent about half an hour sorting through the screws and bits, and then taped the whole unit together lest we lose something during storage.

As for the dogs, well, the majority of the day they spent snoozing in various spots in our vicinity, except for Chaos who opted for the bed and snored the afternoon away. He’s such a lazy Basset.

There was a quick trip into the yard, closing everything up for the upcoming night, removing some bugs, watering a few thirsty seedlings and then went back up to do the blog and a short venture into today’s edit. Big brother and I still need to go out tonight. We’re going to attempt to get a battery for his Macbook pro which is giving a lot of trouble because his died. I do hope that they have it, otherwise this trip to friggin’ Marbella will be for nothing.

…okay, I’m back. We got the battery for big brother’s computer so it wasn’t for nothing, and since we could pick some other stuff up as well, it didn’t feel like a complete waste of time either.

Right. I better get to the edit. We’ll be leafing through the whole lot today in search of the time-line and plot holes.

No comments: