Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Busted

Song of the day: “I will follow him” by Sister Clara in Sister Act. Hah. I don’t know why this particular song is in my head, but there you have it.

Well, first thing first, I busted my shoulder somehow. Could have been the digging, or maybe the wheelbarrowing, or carrying rocks, or lifting them into/out of the car. *sigh* I was a little busy, in particular since big brother had to take it easy.

But anyway, let’s get down to business. Yesterday I had a bit of a nightmare, but since I woke from it, and then fell back to sleep for another half hour or so, it faded too much for me to jot down the details. Darn how fast those fade so early in the morning.

The day started as usual, despite the fact that there really wasn’t time for a workout. There was laundry to do (a washing machine to fix, because the pump wasn’t working) a car to unload and a tenant to be helped down to my terrace where there was sunshine without wind.

Caregiver had to go to go out for some legal stuff, so tenant needed some extra time after breakfast. The walk went well, though, and when we took of her coat, she actually stretched out her whole hand. This doesn’t happen all that much, so it was definitely a milestone.

Before heading down to the yard, grandpa asked me to trim his hair and beard, which I did, of course. He always says “not too short” and “not to pointy” to which I say, “Okay, okay” I’ll try, and finish up ten minutes later, thinking that the wild hair and beard look way better than the neat trim. *sigh*
Tenant asked me to trim her soon, too. She thinks her hair is getting too long again.

Called the garage for an appointment for the Opel. There’s this metal grinding squeak whenever we push the breaks so, we’re going to have the brakes checked on Tuesday. Called, chatted a bit with the receptionist who quit smoking a couple of months ago (for a moment I was surprised she remembered me, but then I remembered that I really spent a LOT of time there with the Opel hassles) and then asked if I could bring the car in Tuesday morning. It was no problem, so that’s what we’ll do. Hopefully they’ll be done in a day.

Hauled a wheelbarrow of rocks down the mountain. Meaning the path and three sets of stairs, hah. There was more work to do on the narrow terrace for the citrus trees, and since grandpa and cousin Ed were there to help, I added another six feet or so to the length of it. Since I did the same today, (yes another six feet, or so) I planted a cherry tree and a blood orange tree. That makes for the last two in this particular area, by the way, with between them two rows of strawberry plants, which Cousin Ed and I planted today. Yay.

But yesterday, after planting the cherry tree, finishing the last of the rocks that we had in storage, and making potato salad for supper, I had to head on over to the doctor’s to pick up my insoles. Of course they weren’t there yet. They never are when they say they are, so big brother, cousin Ed and I got a new load of rocks that we had to load ourselves, of course, because that’s the deal.
I was told to come back tomorrow. *sigh*

After loading up the car with rocks, and then unloading it back home, we headed out again for a new pick up, which had us end up with a full car around nine in the evening, thank you very much. We were so late! For a while I thought that an edit wasn’t going to work, but it did, so no matter. Got another chapter done. Yay.

This morning I was somewhat later, but it didn’t matter, because, once again there was no time for a workout. Added to that, my shoulder was being a pain in the…well, shoulder, hah, so the way I figured kickboxing wasn’t the smartest move for me to make right then. Hah.

After the usual chores, breakfast and once again unloading the car, cousin Ed, grandpa and I headed down with each a wheelbarrow of rocks once more, and resumed on the small citrus wall. In the mean time big brother worked in the greenhouse, sowing zucchini, pumpkins (three kinds), cucumbers, a few more peppers, some Marmande tomatoes and some Atrix.

After Cousin Ed and I finished with the strawberries, grandpa had finished clearing the last bit of debris away, allowing me to dig a ditch in which we could lay the last bit of the wall. It took some hauling, but in the end I did manage to plant another orange tree before it was time to head on up and have supper of chard with boiled basmati rice.

Did finally get around to varnishing the new passage between my two cabins and the last slat of the cabinet in my bathroom, which was high time, if you ask me. It’s been more than a week, I think.
But no matter, I was a in a bit of a rush to get changed (can’t go out in my work clothes, you know, they’re spotted, blotted and gawd knows what else) and then headed out to pick up my insoles.

What followed was another rock hauling trip, along with a quick drop in at the sewing shop in the village because mom needed new needles for the sewing machine. Which brings us to now, where I have taken way too long to write this blog, and with the dogs lying around me, being annoyed with the fact that I’m in front of the stove where they want to be. Hah.

I’m outta here.

No comments: