Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Done for the day.

Song of the day: “Another point of view” by…hmmm. I can’t remember exactly. It’s something with Boulevard, and I am too lazy to look it up. *sigh*

Well, it was a friggin’ long day. It is eleven in the evening right now, and big brother and I didn’t come home until nine forty. But I’m getting ahead of myself. Let’s do yesterday.

There were of course the usual chores such as boring laundry (no workout darn it) and the likes, but that’s like yada yada, right? Been there, done that. Same goes for feeding the dogs. They devoured it, by the way. They love the mixes.

First off, there was gardening. Loads of it. Grandpa had turned earth for me, so I could head on down into the yard and sow this year’s beans. I’m going for a full field, because freezing them went rather well, and the canning too, so any that don’t get eaten will be well used. While I was doing that, big brother sowed corn. The sun was bright, the air warm, but all in all it was most pleasant as I went on to water some plants, yank some weeds and harvest.

That done, it was on to the carport where big brother put together cousin Ed’s table for the market. I was supposed to help him, but dog food had to been chopped, so cousin Ed and I ended up doing that instead. It worked out well, though.

Cooked too, spaghetti and sauce, our last pot of tomatoes from last year, darn it, but it was delicious. Ate it again just an hour ago too. Nothing like day-old spaghetti.

But okay, after that we had to load up the car for today’s job. Got everything stacked in the back, two wheelbarrows on top, and plans for both breakfast and lunch. Only managed a couple of pages of the edit, because I got distracted by an email later in the evening.

As for the night…I was going friggin’ insane. I kid you not. If I slept two hours in a row it was a lot. For some reason I thought it was too warm, mosquitoes swarmed around my head with an annoying buzzzz, and I got all claustrophobic, which forced me to drag Chaos off, if for no other reason than to create some space for myself. In the end, I fell asleep with my head at the foot end of the bed, face in the stream of the fan, and a sheet pulled up to my chin. I was not a happy camper when the alarm went off at eight. *sigh*

But anyway, there were some pressing chores, followed by feeding the dogs, ourselves and checking if we had everything. We left home at nine thirty and were on our way on a rather sunny day. Were there just after ten and immediately got started.

Made good progress. Four sections of fence and we did one section per two hours…for the first four. Then the difficult parts started…uneven ground. Seriously, that’s a pain when you’re putting up fences.
Be that as it may, I twisted my ankle, which would have been bad if my foot didn’t hurt anyway. Friggin’ plantars! Managed to trim two more olive trees, which is a pity. But the lady asked me to do the rest of them as well, so I will be going back there in the near future and make a day of it.

Didn’t finish until after nine in the afternoon, and almost not even then, seeing as we were finishing up the last section that had tilted part , and our focus was shot. It took some effort, but finally we did manage to figure it out. The fence is as good as ready. There will be some final tweaks and fixes, naturally, but it's there, closed and in place, like planned. A full week's work. *phew*

Big brother even got sunburned today. I mean seriously, that is newsworthy. I cannot remember a single time in the past that he got sunburned, but there you have it. I feel vindicated, am even gloating a bit, because let’s face it, there is some justice for us pink skinned blondes after all. Hah. Big brother is stoic under it, though he too is running on fumes tonight. Hah.

Knight II behaved like a darling all day. Not a sound from him, and he even was confident enough to snooze away some of the hours without looking up to see where I was every five seconds.
According to cousin Ed, the doggies at home behaved well enough as well. That feeding them in the morning thing is really working out. Who’d have thunk it?

Well, I’m sure I’m forgetting something. No matter, though, I’ll posts some pics soon again. As for now…I’m sooooo ready for bed. Considering it’s midnight and grocery shopping day is just around the corner, I better hit it.

No comments: