Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Bat territory?

Song of the day: “Paradise” by Coldplay. I actually don’t like this song at all, but apparently that doesn’t make much of a difference to my freaky brain. Hah.

First things first. A bit of bad news concerning the new puppy little sister took in. Poor little darling is a bit sick and had to be quarantined at the vet’s just in case. The way things look now, it might be something dangerous, so now it is crossing our fingers and hoping that it isn’t. We really can’t have some contagious disease playing rampant in our pack. We’ve got some really old fellas walking around and they are terribly sensitive for this kind of thing…at least that’s what the vet says. Keep yer fingers crossed for me, please.

Also took Nata (12/13 year old golden retriever) to the vet, afraid that maybe he caught something of the puppy because he is not keeping his food in, and liquid is also coming out on the other side. Poor old fella. Not feeling well at all. Same goes for Tadaika, who hasn’t eaten properly in two days (luckily she’s fat as heck) and even my Chaos, who’s looking melancholy while all three of them appear to be moving through air as thick as molasses. Take this morning, for instance, Chaos stood, without exaggeration for a full five minutes in the pool, fully enjoying the cool water. Hah

But okay, big brother and I have been focusing mainly on computer work, meaning that after the morning chores and dog food we’ve been heading out to the basin terrace to work on the query letter and synopsis. Got most of it done too, meaning that come Monday (probably) we’ll put both in the mail and see how it works out. Yay.

Garden work is of course a continuing thing. We’re harvesting about eight zucchinis a day now, along with a nice batch of broccoli (new ones are blooming now) and cabbages aplenty.

Temperatures are pretty darn fierce the past couple of days (now it’s cooled off a little, thankfully) getting close to 100 degrees now, making your skin all sticky with the least bit of physical activity. Not that it really matters, of course. But the wind that started about an hour before dusk was absolutely wonderful.

Way too much distracted by finishing this latest book thing so that we can finally start on the new project. It is just lurking there, along with the challenge of working differently this time around. It’ll be such a challenge.

Another thing that is taking some of my attention these days, is the fact that we’re also trying to study just a bit of Spanish in the mornings. Not too long, and really just studying verbs and their use along with a translation of some random piece of text. It isn’t going bad, but I find it hard to remember most of it at the end of the day. Working on queries and synopsis do that to me. They turn my brain to mush. Hah.

I am going to need to make it an early night tonight, because I’m exhausted. I woke up at five this morning and couldn’t sleep for several hours. I don’t know what’s wrong with me for the past few days, but eating is incredibly hard, if not practically impossible at times, and my sleep…well, it is nothing to write home about, really. Jeez. I need some serious shut eye.

Oh gawd. The bat. I almost forgot the bat! I had just come out of the pool and walked through my bedroom to get the towel that I often have hanging on the tree in my little back yard. I grab the darn thing, dusk is just over with, and night has almost completely settled when I bring the towel to my face and suddenly feel something flutter against my cheek, then my shoulder and then scratching down my arm before it flies off with my swearing chasing after it. I mean seriously, I almost had a heart attack there! Not to mention a freak out. That is definitely the first for me. Never had an up close and personal with a bat before. Hah.

I stil have to finish preparing that interview. I’ve got most of the questions handled, but the rest is still waiting in the to do section of my lists. *sigh* I did find the old banners and such, so I should be able to handle it soon.

Big brother is printing one of my recipes. The vet’s very capable assistant really liked it when I gave that piece of vanilla rice tart that one time, and she’s been waiting for the recipe ever since. Doesn’t a shortage of time suck?

The pool is warming up quickly. In fact, at the end of the afternoon it is downright balmy. In the mornings, on the other hand, the water is downright wonderful and cool. Yay.

Well, my dogs are impatiently waiting for me to join them on the bed, so I’m going to finish my messages and then hit the sack.

No comments: