Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Past midnight

Song of the day: “Cooler than me” by Mike Posner. I know, how superficial am I, right? Hah. Still, it’s nicely catchy, and has been driving me effing bonkers for most of the day.

So okay, I’m incredibly late. And when I say late, I mean LATE. Right now, while I’m starting today’s blog it is twenty to twelve in the night, so I better do this fast so I can get to bed. Because, seriously, tomorrow is going to be a long day. First off we have to go to the MOT with the Opel, and then we need to go into Málaga in search of a place where they sell a particular post office box that we need in order to get mail delivered to our address instead of a PO box in the village. *sigh* Of course we are not allowed to place just any post box, noooo, it’s gotta be the same, and this particular design can only be bought at one address in the big city. *double sigh*

First off, we have a new member in the pack. Little sister was missing her Manni too much, so she folded and went to look for a poor little bugger that needed rescuing. She found a three month old cocker spaniel, black and while like Manni was, and a sweetheart. I have pictures, but I won’t place them today, there just isn’t any time. The little tyke does have a few deficiencies, probably the reason he was left to fend for itself on the street, (he was found wandering about five days ago), like a blind eye since birth, and a hernia, which the vet said he’d grow out of. At least he’s got a loving home now, eh?

But anyway. Yesterday was a nice quiet day working at home. First off the usual chores…yes, you can guess those easily enough. Same old same old. Hah. First off, big brother and I worked primarily on the trailer (that was of course after dog food) putting both fenders in place, they worked out really well, and yes, I have pictures of that too, and will place them as soon as I’ve got a moment to spare. If I may say so myself, they worked out really well. In fact they look like they belong with the wagon, hah. I love it when a plan works out. Makes me feel very McGuyverish. *snort*

Though the task wasn’t entirely done, we did go down to the basin terrace where we worked on the query letter for BTD, along with its synopsis. It didn’t go as well as planned, since on the most part we were both battling droopy eyes. Decided then and there that today we would do it different somehow.
The work on the computer done, big brother headed up to the carport to get building supplies (he had to make a threshold in the small storage down by the basin terrace) cousin Ed and I divided our attention between watering the vegetable plants and harvesting dog food.

Tenant, who opted to remain up by my cabin terrace, did offer to prepare veggies such as kale and potatoes, and sat with the puppy for a bit, fully enjoying its sweetness. We ate that in the afternoon, in between writing part of the synopsis, because it really didn’t take all that much work to blender the lot and put in some butter.

The watering did take a while, despite us only needing to do the small stuff, but then I had to rush on up to help Cousin Ed load up the Opel for today’s market. Grandpa steadily chopped his way through the piles of dog food, while big brother worked some more on the trailer until both fender were sturdily in place.

The end of the evening was spent cleaning up whatever messes we had made in the carport (so grandpa wouldn’t have to do it) and then spent a short while online, and reading through the query letter again before heading for bed.

Which brings us to today. What we different was that after the morning chores, breakfast and feeding the dogs, we went down to the basin terrace and started computer work immediately. It allowed our brains to work with fresh energy, so to speak, and yes, we did manage to write the whole synopsis and the query letter at last. *phew* I was worried there for a moment. Sure, we still have to edit it, cut it, rearrange it and what not, but the basics are there. Yay.

Three and a half hours later we were up in the carport working on the trailer. The plan is to make the edges higher so Cousin Ed can carry more stuff to the market without having to stuff the Opel to full capacity. Got the corners done in metal, and will have to do the rest with wood, which will make it look cute, I think. Hah.

A bit of good news, by the way, remember that classic car model I restored and showed the other day? Well, they sold it today for the amount that we’d set beforehand. There was the geezer at the market that stood staring at it from all sides for a good twenty minutes, and then finally, after hearing that he’d get the box too, and that another market fellow assured him that it was a good price, bought it. Imagine that. First day at the market, and within the first few hours it’s gone. Makes ya wonder if maybe I should have asked more, eh? Not bad for 4-6 hours of work.

But anyway, at a certain point we had to start rushing a little. Time was going way too fast, and I had to leave big brother to finishing the corners of the trailer while I got started on the dog food until Cousin Ed arrived. Then, when she was there, I headed on down (with the veggies tenant cut) to cook supper and to start watering the plants. Big brother finished the latter while I focused on our meal and brought Cousin Ed and tenant their fair share. It worked out well. Made ratatouille with bean patties on the side. Filled me right up.

Then the reason for us rushing arrived. We had to go to town for a pickup, which meant that we were out for a solid two hours, which we really could have used better, if I’m honest. I mean, really, I want to start on the new book, and would like to see this latest project in the mail before the end of spring. *sigh*

Which reminds me, I swam in the pool, for the first time this year, on the first of June. Yay! I was psyched, I assure you, and cold afterward, since I am not at all used to that anymore. Hah. Also took tenant for a dip today, and she wanted out again in less than three minutes. Hah. Ah well, the refreshing dip was nice regardless.

Well, that’s it. I’m sure I’m missing something, but what the heck. I need some horizontal time.

No comments: