Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

MOT stuff, grrrrr

Song of the day: “Live and let die” by Paul McCartney. I can’t help it, I heard it last night on Radio Gibraltar where they were following the Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth in London. It was off key, the music overpowering the voices (I barely recognized his) and…well, it was a lot in quantity and very little in quality, I must admit, much to my regret.

It was nothing short of a miracle, but I actually got to bed before one in the morning, can you believe it? It’s a rare thing, I tell ya. I was very tired, though, so maybe it wasn’t all that surprising. Admittedly I was in a bad mood, most of yesterday, and the evening before, leaving me with troubled thought through the night while I had to get up early in order to be able to do the daily chores, and feed the dogs before we headed out to Malaga.

Oh, I told you about that, didnb’t I? Yesterday was MOT day for the Opel, meaning that we had a double, due to the installation of the pull bar that we had installed a couple of weeks ago. So we went out, an hour before our due date, arrived right on the spot, went to the register to announce our presence and then the waiting started. Luckily, due to the appointment we made we only had to wait for about fifteen minutes before it was our turn. Went well, I think. We passed, so that’s yay. For a while I didn’t think we would get our sticker for this year, in particular not when they started on the brakes, but we passed, so we can at least postpone that event for a bit. *phew* Much relief there.

But anyway, afterward we headed into Malaga to search for a store that sells mail boxes. In order to get one for our home address, we’re only allowed to have one kind. So we looked it up on maps, memorized the way we had to go, and arrived on site to find…nothing. The store seemed nowhere in sight, so I went into a local bar and asked…well, I asked if the tender spoke English (no!) and then very carefully, in my very bad Spanish if he knew where I could find the post box store. Thankfully he had no trouble interpreting my question and informed me that the store was gone, shut down, closed, disappeared without a trace. *sigh* Figures. The temps were up to a hundred, the engine getting too hot for us to use the AC and…well, we survived, so who cares, right? We just gave ourselves a pat on the back for finding the store at all, without taking a wrong turn. Hah.

We came home around three and I was solidly enough overheated to want to take a dip in the pool. Tenant and caregiver were just done with their own, so I met them down at the basin terrace where big brother and I settled in for a reread of the query letter and synopsis. Regretfully big brother hardly slept at all during the night, so he ended up napping while I worked a bit on an idea I’ve been playing in my head with for several. Yes, don’t laugh, darn it, there’s ANOTHER book in my head. I can’t help it, really. Several times per year one or two pop up and refuse to leave. *sigh* Only did about half a page, so it’s nothing disastrous, or anything, but I really should be careful with that kind of thing. Sure, I’ve written up to thirty books now, but I still have about one hundred and twenty to finish. *double sigh*

But okay, no prob. That done it was time to head down into the yard for watering, and some harvesting. The zucchinis are doing extremely well. Taking in about ten of ‘m per day, and the first two bags of chopped ones are already in the freezer. Yay. Cousin Ed also made a very nice zucchini soup, so we even managed to gobble some of that down at the end of the day. I was soooo not hungry, both yesterday and today.

After that, there was making dog food, of course, along with some other pesky little chores. What followed was another read-through of the soon-to-be package to the publisher, followed by some messages and chats, a message plus picture of tenant from tenant, sent to her family and then the day was over. Yay. I was psyched that I actually managed to get to bed before one in the morning. It is a rare thing, I tell ya. Slept straight through the night too, not waking up until eight twenty five in the morning, five minutes before my alarm went off.
I could have slept on, of course, but what the heck.

The plan was to get to work as soon as the morning chores were over and done with, but by the time we settled down to work, I got an important family message and was busy all day writing back and forth. *sigh* I know, I don’t have time for that sort of thing, but sometimes such things just take priority. Family stuff can do that to ya, I guess.

That done, and it being too late to do any more work before we had to go out, it was into the yard to water stuff and harvest a nice batch of dog food. Grandpa offered to cut that for us so we could take a short break for supper. Ratatouille over macaroni, which big brother prepared. I still wasn’t hungry so it was over and done with in no time whatsoever. That’s when we headed for town for a pickup of wood. Managed to shove it all into the Land Rover and then went to the supermarket for a few groceries.

Didn’t come home until after dark, at which time we got behind our computers to check messages, print the package and then…well this bog. I've gotta say that I'm proud of the dogs. They are behaving so well these days whenever we need to go out. They are giving grandpa and Ed a lot less trouble.

Now it’s late, well past midnight, so I’m calling this a day.

No comments: