Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Diggin'

Song of the day: “It’s only pain” by Katie Melua. Gorgeous song.

I am incredibly late today, not to mention pretty bushed, so let’s see if I can keep this one remotely short. *sigh*

First off, yesterday was a great writing day. Yay! Managed eight solid pages that just rattled out onto the screen. They (meaning the characters of course) just kept talking and talking, making me wonder if they were ever going to stop. They did, once the end of the writing session arrived, basically in the middle of the conversation, which the characters hate, I assure you.

I was a tad late yesterday morning, but that was okay, I needed the extra winks what with the shorted nights before that. Not that fifteen extra minutes is a lot, but what the hey, I’m not picky.
My dogs were absolutely psyched by the lower temps, making them behave like quiet angels when the market folk (mom, the sibs and cousin Ed) headed out at the crack of dawn, letting me sleep through it for a change. Hah.

After the normal chores, the writing and some chats online, I decided to make fondue for supper, using an old bottle of champagne, a few leftover blocks of cheese from the fridge, while also working on the salad for the next day (work day, remember). That done, while big brother was up loading up the car, cousin Ed and I headed into the yard to water the plants. And then up for a quick dip in the pool, some research for the book, and then to bed…

Of course friggin’ Sitabah and Gada decided to argue, twice, before four in the morning, keeping me from my REM sleep, which made this night a carpy one. Seriously, if I slept a solid four hours, it was a lot. But no matter, I was up on time, got coffee, did some laundry, fed the dogs and then gathered our own meal for the day.

We were ten minutes late leaving, (took Knight II along) but no matter, we arrived only five minutes late in the end, hehehe. So today was all about digging. I kid you not, the chosen spot for the pool needed to be dug free of no less than fifteen wheelbarrows of dirt. We dug, we chopped, we wheelbarrowed and dug some more until finally we leveled fifteen by five feet and were done for the day. Exactly eight hours of work, plus an hour and a half for traveling, and then when we got home, make more potato salad for food, sieving 1400 pounds of sand and loading it up. Along with six blocks of concrete that I had to haul up from the LOWER garden, for crying out loud! Had four loaded up, only to realize that I couldn’t get the lot up the incline. Had to carry two of them up separately, rather than risk falling flat on my face. Finally, by the time it turned dark, we were done loading u, and went down to eat some French fries and write today’s blog.

Which is where I’m going to leave it. Tomorrow will be another long day, I think. Despite it having been heavy (it was a good day for it, since there were clouds all over the place) eight hours of digging, ya know, we are right on schedule. Who’d have thunk that putting a pool together would take that much work, eh? I am taking pics, don’t worry…oh, and there were puppies. Hehehe.

Last bit, little brother will be doing his exams tomorrow, so he’s all nerves, of course.
Well, I gotta go. I’m going to try for an early night.

No comments: