Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Done

Song of the day: “Diamonds” by Rihanna. Not the best of songs to have in your head, considering it is rather repetitive, but what can you do, right?

Writing has been going a little slow these past couple of days. Can’t really explain why, seeing as there is no noticeable reason, it just is, which leaves me a little frustrated. Like you’re wading through mud, or something. *sigh*

But anyway, part of writing time was also used to check the pitch and blurb for the competition. Only two more days to go before everything is set and you can’t edit anymore. Scary thought that. Two more days, and then it will be locked and rolling, and there won’t be anything I can do about anything anymore. Yikes.

Yesterday I was a little on the late side. The alarm was going off, and for the life of me I couldn’t figure out what the annoying sound was for. Hah. But anyway, the day got started late, coffee got consumed, the visiting dogs were out for a run, laundry was hung, and the morning’s writing session went past.

Had Cousin Ed phone the doctor’s office for me. I’ve had it with the stupid hole in my head that just won’t heal. She got me an appointment later in the evening.

We debated working on the kitchen, only to realize that fixing the stove was by far more urgent. The hole had been getting bigger for months, and so we decided to just do it. First big brother went up to storage and came back with a piece of metal that was just too thick to bend properly. So I went up to storage, rummaged around for a bit, and there it was. Part of a rather large metal tube only a few inches narrower in diameter than the actual stove. Took it down, showed my find off to big brother for him to agree on. Took us about an hour to fix the stove, and afterward it was as good as new. Yay.

That done we had to head on out to town to pick up a donation (tiny, almost not worth the trouble) and drove straight through to the job site where we added another layer to the wall, and spent some time washing all the windows and digging inside the kitchen cupboards to give them a proper cleaning. By then it was almost time to go to the doctor’s. Quickly changed clothes (can’t go there in paint splattered clothes) and then headed over. Was let into the room immediately, only to discover that by now there was a new doctor working there…one who didn’t speak a single word of English. Aaaargh. Try explaining something like that. Went through two assistants, and then another doctor before it was finally decided for the doctor to refer me to a dermatologist. Couldn’t explain a single thing, but what the hey. Someone better look in that hole and fix it, darn it.

Food wise it’s been unimpressive…but then, I think it has more to do with my taste buds than food quality. It was all bland, sandy and…well, not nice, so let’s skip that, shall we?

Today. Again a bad writing session after the morning chores, and me being completely under temperature when I finished at last. Since I really needed to warm up, the first thing big brother and I did was head up and chop some wood. Big brother started out with the chainsaw, cutting the tree into manageable pieces that I could split. That sure got me heated up. In fact, afterward my hands were tingly warm. Hah.

Wood dealt with, grandpa made a batch of cement for us. Added another layer to the kitchen walls, bringing five spots up to the final height. Are running out of rocks, though, so we are going to have to do a rock pick up again soon. Maybe tomorrow. We’ll see.
While I worked on the outside with natural rocks, big brother worked on the inside with red bricks. We’ll get there yet. Slowly, but there. Hah.

That done we headed out to the job site again for the final layer and mopping the floor of what was left undone of the first floor. It went well, and everything got done at last…all except me taking a picture of the end result, darn it. But it's DONE.

We took Rammi along today, so that while I went vet to pay for part of our massive bill, she could get checked out. As we feared the lump on her ribs is most likely cancer, and considering her age, her skinniness and general appearance operating really wasn’t a viable option. She is fourteen or fifteen after all. *sigh*
The decision we went for now is just to let her be and wait until she starts to experience pain. That is when we will have to take that next nasty step.

Got some veggies at the vegetable distribution center, which is always a special experience. You wouldn’t believe how folks over there stare at a 6 foot woman and a 6 foot 4 inches man. Seriously, the average size there is 5’ 5”. Hah.

Well, that will have to suffice for today. I’m running on fumes, so I better cut it off right here.


No comments: