Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Opportunity

Song of the day: “Beneath Your Beautiful” by Labrinth featuring Emeli Sandé. Only discovered yesterday, but I love it, and it’s been in my head every since I downloaded it. Gorgeous.

Yeah, well, I won’t have to tell you that I did some editing. Well, quite a bit, actually. Managed a total of 20 pages these past couple of days, despite the multiple hiccups during the two days before that. Yep, there were some serious “discussions” again. Some of ‘m got pretty fierce, with me walking out before I did something I might regret. Seriously, I get riled when big brother asks me why I wrote something down in some particular way, while he was right there, writing along during the past nine edits. Not a single sentence in this book is exactly like it used to be when I wrote it, darn it. Ah well…all part of the glamorous life of an artist: Everyone’s a critic.

So okay, there was the garden work yesterday. Watering the plants in bright sunlight is one of the more pleasant ways to get through the afternoon. Cabbage types are growing well in some areas, not so well in others, rather strange, if you ask me. But no matter, there’s time, there’s water, and there’s the wonderful calm that comes over me while checking the little seedlings for caterpillars.

Since we were down there anyway, big brother split some logs (about one yard long) which we hauled up to the wood storage. Afterward we managed about half an hour on my kitchen, putting one row of large bricks up for the side wall. Then of course we ran out of time because we had to go pick up a donation in town, which took a couple of hours. Once we were done, we barely had enough time to eat and edit before the day was through.

I could of course tout about feeding the dogs, doing the laundry, and all that fun stuff, but I’ll save you the ordeal and skip to today where we did some more masonry. Yep. Another layer to the wall, along with pouring concrete to the inner side where the kitchen attaches to the carport. Took about six wheelbarrows to get it done, but that’s okay. Today there was nothing to pick up, except go to the vet to order a flea collar for little Panni, and afterward a run, which went rather well, I have to say. Decided to skip the jog pace and go for a run pace instead, which I like a lot better. I’ve a need for speed. Hah.

Managed top choke down some more beef today, which helped with the running, I’m thinking. I sometimes wonder if the fact that I never ate meat during the first thirty two years of my life, has something to do with me really noticing a difference when I do eat it. My limbs are less tired after a run, and I don’t have droopy eyes at the end of the day.

Now, I hear you thinking, if the effects are that splendid, why the heck does she not eat meat every day? Well, have you any idea how much effort it is to pass on a nice apple pancake, or baked potatoes, or mac&cheese, for something as gross as meat? *sigh* I know. I really need to change my attitude toward meat, but there you have it. Like today big brother baked some wild boar (he wanted to try it once) and I literally had to force myself to choke that down with the risk of hurling up the beef I ate before it. Not that it tasted bad, it just smelled awful, and it was way, waaaay too juicy. Friggin’ stuff tasted like Wheat gluten for crying out loud. That always was gross. too. *double sigh*

Good news is that Sunday we’ll be at the market with the Land Rover, which will be so much easier. The Coin market is not going to happen due to Three Kings, so, Yay! Loading and unloading will be a piece of cake.

Well, what else. So okay, Sally is doing okay at the moment. She really likes that the Chemo was light the last time, because it improves her mood vastly.
Tenant appears to be a tad distant at the moment, which I find peculiar, but is her choice, of course. A pity, though. There used to a be a time when she would just join us wherever we were busy, but now she mostly prefers her room.

Big brother made himself an appointment at the dentist the next week. He’s got this swelling beside his tooth, so let’s hope it’s just an infection, or something, rather than something serious.

Good news is that we have a new job coming up the coming week. Our vet’s assistant, who moved with her family to Madrid kept our number in case they needed anything done on the house they are going to rent out…which is now. Turns out we have to remove a large wall closet, scrape the wall, apply a rubber layer and repaint it all so they can rent it out. A job’s a job, to my way of thinking, and since we have a sh**load of dog bills to pay, I ain’t going to say no to the opportunity. *snort*

That about sums it up for now, doesn’t it? The weekend is going to be a busy one, so I, for one, am more than a little happy that I won’t need to write this thing during that time. Hah.

Oh my, five days 'till my birthday. 34. Who'd have thunk I'd make it that far. *chortle*

No comments: