Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

It's a go

Song of the day: “Beneath your beautiful” by Labrinth feat Emeli Sandé, still actually. I would like to say that it’s starting to bore me, but since it changed places with Enrique Iglesias’ “Heartbeat”, which started tumbling through my head last night, I still like it.

So I was staring at this big gaping hole in my right lower arm, wondering how on earth I could have gotten such a massive cut without noticing it. But there it was, not necessarily bleeding but filled with a somewhat pinkish, watery liquid that came up from the depths of the wound. Carefully, using my left hand, I unfolded the pieces of skin and peered down to what, in my head looked practically like bone. Seriously, I was really, really freaked out, and boy did that hurt.
I poked at it, in particular since I saw a strange sort of pinkish lump at the bottom of the hole. It looked like skin, but it was shiny, of a rather rough texture, and when I poked at it, it felt downright slimy. It was then that I realized that the rough stuff was not actually skin, and after poking some more, I carefully slipped two fingers around it and with a lot of difficulty managed to extract the 4x4 inches…I kid you not…SNAIL! Eeeewwww! And hurt. I swear, my arm was pounding like mad when I finally WOKE UP and ended up examining my arm for a full minute to make sure that it was only a DREAM. Gawd. I was freaked out for a solid three hours before I finally managed to shake it off. Grrr.

Talk about freaky. Jeez. Got up a little early on Saturday morning, because there was plenty to do, in particular since we wouldn’t be able to do anything on Sunday. Managed a 14 page edit in the morning, which was good what with the “slow” days these past couple of weeks.

There were the normal chores, of course, but mostly there was the yard that needed attention (I kept thinking about the freaky dream, by the way) plants that needed watering, weeds that needed to be pulled (found several snails in there, yikes) and harvesting some broccoli for supper.

Had to leave for a donation, which was not a lot, but handy for the dogs anyway.
The car had to be loaded up, of course, which didn’t take as long as usual, despite the fact that we could take more this week because mom’s and the sibs’ market wasn’t happening due to the 3 kings festival.

Afterward there was supper to cook, followed by lighting the fire for the dog food and then some more editing before going to bed early.

Sunday morning started early, too, just past six, with basically only the dogs to feed, and ourselves, before heading out to Funny Beach Marbella. As hoped for, we got our old spot, the one we had when we first started the market, yay. It was fun being there again, in particular because it meant that we could basically have the car standing right there for unloading. Hah.
Took less than an hour and a half to set it all up.

We were in the midst of negotiating with an English bloke, who considered it the blame of the economic crisis that he wanted to pay sixty bucks for two dog beds (one of 35 and one of 40) rather than full price, or the five buck discount I’m free to offer. So I told him I’d ask, and got permission. I’m not opposed to negotiating, mind you, so I looked him up, said I got permission to sell it for 65, which made him laugh and finally agree. Funny thing is, when he got back to our booth, he said, I’d like to have that one (40 bucks) and that one (30 bucks) rather than the one he had picked before. Since he didn’t ask for the price of the new one, I didn’t bother to point it out to him, and just packed the whole lot up. Hah. Fun stuff, negotiating. Keeps ya on your toes.

Had some nice chats, including with the organizer…we’re back to our usual spot this Sunday…and the occasional customer. Mom and little brother came for a visit. They’d not been before, so it was something different for them, eh.

Big brother and I managed to get some edits done while sitting in the restaurant. Did need two coffee apiece, but what the hey.
By the time we packed up and came home, I had a massive headache, and no idea why. No matter though, we didn’t have a donation to pick up, so once we were home, it was eating food and trying to get another page or two done…after greeting the ecstatic dogs, that is. Hah.

As for today…more yard duty. That is, after the smaller chores such as feeding the dogs, laundry, ya know, and of course another edit. Only managed six pages this morning partly because we took too long discussing our plans for the day. *snort*
Again there were plants to water, some small harvests to gather, and a few more fruit trees to trim. Still a couple more to go, but I’m getting there.

Managed another bit on the kitchen today, too, so yay! Finished the side wall at least, and big brother has been busy preparing the places where we’re putting in the tubes for drainage and water.

Had to pick up a small donation, then got home in time to cook supper. Worked out well too, despite the fact that I wasn’t all that hungry. *sigh*
Only got another page or two done, and then it was time for the blog, darn it.
Ah well, I’m ready to call it a day anyway.

As to the impending job…that’s a go, so next week is going to be a busy one. There will be moving involved, cleaning and painting, and not necessarily in that order. Hah. Ah well, it gets pay in, doesn’t it?

Hmm. Technically I’ve got two more days to go before my birthday. I really have to start thinking about making pie.

No comments: