Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Getting a little lost

Song of the day: “Never no More” by Patsy Cline. Love it…added to that, it always reminds me of “Space Above And Beyond” a sci-fi show from the nineties. It wasn’t all that special, but for some reason the song stuck to me because of that.

Gawd, I’m so late. It’s almost midnight and I was still working on the revision, darn it. It has been going well, still, so, Yay! I’m going to have to thank that editor at the publisher for giving me this chance to work on Kit’s story, because I’m having loads of fun doing the research and immersing myself into the world of the eventful ‘20s. Got lost on Wikipedia for hours and hours, reading up on gangsters, fashion, prohibition, politics and of course the city of Chicago. Then there are the pictures of the era, lots of which are on-line, which can keep me entertained for hours on end. *sigh* If only there were more hours in the day, eh?
But anyway, so far I’ve brought the word count up to 24K, meaning that now I’m going to have to start to be a bit careful unless I want to work this out into a full blown novel. Hah.

Okay, let’s move this along a little. It’s been a busy couple of days but getting it in the right sequence is not something I can take the time for now.

First off, I had tenant to myself yesterday morning, so, considering it was a nice warm day, I took her out into the old paddock and finally got around to trimming her hair. She wanted to go for something short and cool for summer, so the whole lot went off, (luckily, because there were knots in there that no amount of combing could untangle. *sigh*) giving her a rather fresh look. Added to that, she got a whole stack of pictures from her daughter, dating back some eighty years, making her a very happy lady. She’s been going through that stack ever since.
Then, today was her birthday, so I spent the majority of the day in her kitchen, first making strawberry cheesecake (and banana cake, because I made too much crust) and then her supper of fresh veggies with salmon. Personally, I get a little nauseous at the idea of salmon blundered through veggies, but what the hey, it’s her birthday. *double sigh*

Did manage to meat myself, both today and yesterday (Good Sammie), extra crispy and drowning in satay sauce. Could almost pretend I was eating a very crispy satay. Hah.

There were the usual chores, of course. Laundry, feeding the dogs, some cleaning, cooking and all that glamorous jazz. Hah. Also, since this whole head infection, I’ve had a kink in my neck. No worries, I won’t bore you with any of that.

Had to take Empera (German Shepherd) to the vet today, because we ran out of her medication. She is moving a little bit better, but she will have to stay on the prednisone and diazepam for now. Poor darling is just too nervous for her own good.

Another doctor’s appointment for me with that stupid spot on my head. The infirmary nurse did something with a needle up there (ouch!) but it wasn’t as bad as that first day. He also explained that from now on I’m supposed to wash normally and then reapply the cream. Since I had to drop by the pharmacy anyway, I got myself a special pair of insoles for Plantar Faciitis. Wonder if these will work better (or worse) than those of the doctor. They’re nice and soft, at least.

Spent some time in the yard hacking my way through chest high weeds that are insisting on filling our yard. Hah. There was stuff to harvest, and a citrus tree that’s finally strong enough to plant.

Had to go to town, where I got to pet a horse with her young. It was really a baby, because it didn’t eat grass yet, and it’s nose was so wonderfully soft, I just stood there drooling for about fifteen minutes or so, feeding “mommy”.

Got a message from the publisher for V.L., and it’s a no go. *sigh* I send them a reminder the day before yesterday (I was supposed to after four weeks according to their guidelines, and I waited six weeks) and so it was no. Did the same for A.I.L. tonight, but that one’s still in the running so…well, keep your fingers crossed, okay?

What else? I’m a little worried about Knight II. He’s got this lump on his belly that appears to be growing slowly. If it gets much bigger, I might have to take him to the vet to check it out. We also have several dogs to shave before spring really starts, and soon we’re going to have to give the pack their anti-tick bath, because let’s face it, ticks are popping everywhere now. Grrrr.

Sally isn’t doing well at all. She’s very frustrated with her memory at the moment, and she’s experiencing a lot of nausea. It doesn’t help that the medication she was receiving for her thrombosis made it so that her cuts and scrapes aren’t healing, which understandably, worries her a lot. She’s trying to keep her spirit up, but there are times that she really sags away into her mind.

That’s it for now. Time for me to go night-night and you…well, I’m sure you have other places to wander to. *wink*

No comments: