Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Extraordinary event

I just have to write this down, it was so bloody amazing that I don't know what else to do... heck I might just have to write a book about it some day.

So, let's set a scene, and try to imagine this properly.

A busy department store, filled to full capacity with patrons and products alike on a chilly October eve. Halloween decorations are all around, a colorful burst of sparklies, ghoulish masks attached to shelves for proper display and noise everywhere as patrons move from one register to the next with smiles and frowns alike. Some indistinct tune playing on the speakers, a bit tinny, but too soft to actually identify the song.

The store is comfortably warm but crowded beyond imagining as I wade through the waves of people, parting only reluctantly while I try to get to the escalators that will bring me to the wanted floor.

It is a tingle in the nape of my neck that makes me swivel my head to slowly scan the large space over the crowns of the other customers milling around. As usual, it is not all that hard to look over the relatively short Spanish population, and it takes me only a moment to settle my gaze on the source of the excited tingle.

It is HIM, I think, my heart doing a quick pitterpat and tumble in my chest as I find myself mesmerized by the intent blue eyes that have captured mine over the ocean of happy buyers all around. My body seems frozen in place, jostled occasionally by my fellow patrons who look at me oddly as I stand there in the center of the isle watching HIS approach. I can barely breathe, let alone move out of the way.

Vaguely I'm aware of his friends, laughing lightly as the people separating us part miraculously, clearing a clean path for HIM to cross.
I moisten my suddenly dry lips, unable to say a single word when HE reaches me at last, smiling in that adoringly crooked way of his that makes me melt each and every time.

I take quick stock of his appearances then, tan trousers topped by a black polo shirt with the collar turned up just right and brushing the border of his ash blond hair at his name. Gorgeous as usual, I think then, managing a pleased twist of my lips (it made a mockery of a smile, but it's the intention that counts) as he murmurs a husky, "hello".

With considerable effort I clear my parched throat, croaking the appropriate response before he adds, "What took you so long? I've been waiting for over an hour."
"Traffic busy." Jeez, can I sound more moronic? I think with an inward grimace, feeling an electric shock going through my entire body when he wraps his hand around my wrist and tugs me gently closer.

"I missed you," he says, his voice like buttery velvet on my sensitized senses and delighted goosebumps breaking out over the most sensitive organ imaginable: Skin!
My pupils dilate in response, butterflies fluttering madly and making me feel faint inside as I sway willingly in his direction for what I know is to come.

HIS scent, a heady mixture that is particularly his, combined with a fresh aftershave and deodorant, wraps around me, muting any and all input from the buzz going on around us as he reels me inexorably into a confident embrace.
I can't speak when I gaze intently into his smiling eyes, knowing full well that he is aware of his effect on me, but am unable to scramble up a modicum of coherency as my gaze settles on his curved lips, steadily coming closer.

Excitement bounces in every cell of my body, when anticipation of what I know is to come plays havoc on my embarrassingly muddled brain. Nearer he comes, the warmth of his body seeping into mine as his arms settle around me and press me firmly against his.

Three inches, I manage to estimate... just barely, breathing in deeply and closing my eyes as my lips tingle and part ever so slightly.

Two, my senses tell me when I feel -and smell- his minty breath brush over my face. Almost there, but not yet close enough, I'm thinking as I finally manage to raise my hands and clasp trembling fingers into the rich cloth of his polo shirt.

One inch: Heat is already spreading throughout my body, warm molasses swirling madly through flesh and bone when I know this kiss of reunion will be shared. And just as we're about to connect, less than a millimeter separating skin-to-skin contact... Trin Trin, the Monster Boxer, decides that it is time to rise and jerks the blankets off of me from her place at the foot end of the bed.
The morning's chill is like and icy bucket of water, drenching me in but a second, drawing an actual growl from my lips that mimics Trin Trin's to a T.

Aaaargh! A friggin' DREAM! and one that is interrupted just seconds before it gets even remotely interesting. *sigh*
Dogs! Can't live without them, and sometimes, much to my regret, I can't strangle them from sheer frustration either.

So, the night is over, I have once again been dragged out of bed by the two Monsters, splitting the pad of my thumb on Trin Trin's leash, while I shout at Knight II to stop jumping full force into my poor, already abused, ribs.

Upon arrival at the main house, less than an hour after the rude disruption of my reunion dream, I find that magical mischief has been playing tricks on me again with the humongous load of laundry that awaits my attention.
Taking down the dry batch, hanging the new, and then folding each separate item takes up to an hour, before I stuff some bread into my whining stomach and fill a large mug with my morning dose of coffee.

The new day has arrived, and with it another day's work!

No comments: