Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Some thoughts... and more.

Hmmm. It wasn't what I'd call a good day, though I wasn't entirely useless, either. Feeling useless would have made it worse, I'm thinking.

So here's today:

The sun is bright and shiny again when I wake, which should be a good incentive for me to feel moderately well at least... but it isn't. I’m moody, quiet and most of all tired. I hate feeling tired, especially when there is no good reason for it. I have had my share of sleep this night, and it should have sufficed to guarantee at least a semblance of a good mood. No such luck, though.

There were dreams, if I recall correctly, a jumble of "could-be-real" events and images that confuse the heck out of me when I wake up and exclaim a pained grunt when Trin Trin practically drags me off the bed in her eagerness to start the day.

After I lock the monster boxer into the small back yard behind my cabin and release the rest of the dog into the garden, I manage to get in a full fifteen minutes of reading into Elfhunter, a rather charming book that is at present keeping me entertained.

Getting dressed admittedly isn't an easy task today; Knight II is in a particularly cheerful mood for some reason, almost knocking me over several times. The big lug simply doesn't seem to understand that his 110 pounds are not designed for jumping at his toy... me in this case. He's learning though, however slowly.

Dax watches him from the safety of the bed, his expression a little weary since the pocket Beagle has been on the receiving end of being caught in the midst of Knight's bouncing often enough, and seems to silently laugh at me for struggling into my clothes.

Exercise day has arrived once more, and though I don't feel like it at all, I struggle through, just barely. What with the weather having warmed ever so slightly perspiration is dripping liberally off my nose at the end, making me feel somewhat pleased that the effort isn't for nothing.

Laundry's next. Yesterday's batch nice and dry, allowing for plenty of space for the new, as I try to divert my attention between the clothes and Knight, who seems to find it humorous to grab any given item I try to hang, and tugs it away. It isn’t until I tug at his leash several times that he finally calms down enough to just sit down and watch me with those big brown eyes of his.

Breakfast is a quick cut and smear by the sink and me stuffing my face while heading for the coffee machine and the vagrant coffee, big brother has just prepared.

I make my usual course across the messages and forums, my eyes half-stock once again -I don't know what the heck is wrong with me, but for the past few days, half-stock seems to be inevitable- and finally resume my foray into the alien world of the Ashtah-Mahk.

Only a couple of pages get written, my level of focus down to sixty percent at most. I'm dawdling with the story, I know, it is a most annoying time when I'm trying to create a bridge of momentary peace in a manuscript, before the action takes over once again.

My head is flighty today, for some reason. Not a single thought -except for those I don’t want to have- sticking long enough for closer examination. I hate it when that happens. It removes my drive and makes me think that everything I write down is bloody awful.

I yawn myself sore today, that's a fact. And by the time the dogs are fed and yesterday's stir-fry is reheated for consumption, I'm so tired, I nod off in my chair again.
Feeling remarkably better after maybe an hour of dreamless sleep, I surmise that my state of mind might very well be a result of doing too much, these past few months. Pressure of responsibilities, chores and projects, just getting to be too demanding for a bit.

”The Day After Tomorrow” is on TV tonight. Though I don't particularly "like" the movie, I do find the idea of it intriguing. It always makes me wonder about the numerous reports I've read and heard over the years, concerning our environment, and how the scientific predictions made in the past, turn out to be much sooner than claimed.

By this time I'm of the opinion that when such scientist claim that some drastic change is going to occur at the end of the century or within fifty years, that number can easily be cut down to at least a third of that time span.

Though I know it isn't a laughing matter, what with natural disasters all over the globe, it IS rather funny, in an unfunny sort of way.
In commercials and adds, consumers are being educated about how they can save energy and natural recourses, while cities grow constantly, lighting up streets that haven't been build yet and practically deserted areas, wasting that precious energy for no other reason than esthetics, while the average consumer should turn off the lights in rooms that aren't being used.

Take the valley below our mountain, for instance. What with the economy having bloomed for many years, streets were made with lanterns placed for miles into intricate patterns, dotting the hills with lights at night, and for what? Prettiness?
And then they say a 40-watt light bulb is going to make a difference?
Seriously, if it weren't so damn sad, it would crack me up.

But enough about this subject, it depresses me to think about stupidity such as this.

When nothing of interest is to be seen on any of the numerous channels that enrich our TV, the sibs and I decide to put on Michael Bay's "The Island" for our viewing pleasure. Not much liking the idea of just sitting there, wasting time, I take out the paint roller and prime the two drawers that still await treatment.

Whenever my mind is as fuzzy as it appears to be these days, I find keeping myself busy is the best way to fight it... even when gathering up the energy to actually do something seems a barely surmountable effort... and feel quite pleased when I declare the two done and clean up to start preparing to go to my cabin for the night.

First I need to give Trin Trin her injection, though.
Leishmania (aka sandfly) reared its ugly head again several months ago, so now she is going through her second course of the treatment that consists of an injection every other day, along with a daily pill.

While I take the monster boxer into a headlock one of the sibs quickly injects the stuff into her skin, leaving Trin Trin jubilant by the time we get to my place and disperse dry dog food for my fickle pack. For some reason they don’t eat well enough while the rest of the dogs are being fed, so this little extra is part of the daily routine for me as much as my dogs.
Already, after only one course and half of Trin Trin’s treatment, her skin is starting to look better. The shine on her fur is returning, and the small, infected areas all over her body are disappearing.

Leishmania is a big problem for animals over here. A nasty virus spread by mosquitoes, and the cause of numerous diseases for pets since it damages the immune system rather badly. I personally have four dogs with the virus, but on the total of our pack of almost a hundred, at least fifteen dogs suffer from it, needing frequent medication that keeps the problems in check rather than cure it completely.

They cope, though, staying in our presence happy as you please. As long as the medicines work and the disease does not take over, we manage to deal with it well enough.

As usual the day has come to an end, the wind rolling down the mountain like powerful waves that blow against my cabin, and I'm still relatively early, allowing for perhaps a few hours more sleep, and hopefully a better day tomorrow.

No comments: