Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

In a hurry and I can't think of a title. Hah.

I’m only a fraction too late this morning, rapidly going through the morning rituals so I can start on the day. Only a little bit of reading, then getting dressed and heading down to the house with the dogs darting around me in their usual melee.

Beautiful weather today: The sun is shining brightly overhead, the temperature is pleasant, and the wind strong but not chilly. Wonderful, and it reminds me of the years when we went to Spain during our travels.

Once inside the house I get to the laundry first, deciding that I might as well get that particular chore behind me and am pleased to see that due to the change in the weather conditions everything has dried properly during the night again.

The usual feeding, and setting the kitchen to rights follows, after which big brother and I settle down with our computers to work on a pitch letter to send to publishers in the near future for one of my full length novels.
It is a slow and tedious process, involving the bare essentials and catchy phrases while still maintaining a professional tone. I hate it, but it has to be done.

A couple of hours later, having eked out a basic letter, we head on out to the car, intending on a trip to the local landfill when we find that something is wrong with the car and it refuses to start. The battery appears to be empty again, causing considerable frustration to us both as we open the hood and take the battery out to see if we can fix the problem by putting another in it’s place.

It doesn’t work, and in the end we resort to placing the old back, and connecting it to the charger while we set out to gather the variety of junk piles that have been placed along the path during the past few months and the projects we’ve been involved in. The truck bed is rapidly filled to full capacity, creating a much wider path for our car to traverse up the mountain on any given day. It is rather nice to see the yard turn neat. Hah.

While we’re hauling junk the wind is rapidly building up to full force, and as dusk descends the temperature starts to drop, making me somewhat chilled by the time we return to the house and eat the meal little brother has prepared. While returning inside, I notice that Yadzia is limping and feel considerable concern when I can’t figure out what is causing it.

He doesn’t appear to be experiencing a lot of pain but since he’s on rather heavy tranquilizers I can’t say if this latest problem is just a matter of some weakness in the limbs or something more severe. I guess I’ll know later tonight by the time the 24th hour of his medication arrives. If he’s in pain then, something is wrong.

During dinner we watch an episode of “The Closer” and after eating I set an old, small coffee table on the kitchen table and start to sand the top and scrape the legs with broken pieces of glass. When finally the last remnants of the old paint are removed the new varnish can be applied, at which time the show is over.

We turn off the TV so we can focus on the papers that need to be filled out for our upcoming passport renewal. It’s a terrible hassle, really, and so unnecessary all things considered, but it needs to be done that’s a fact.

After we get most of it done, we spend another hour or so going over the pitch letter and doing some random writes for the book, when midnight arrives and with it the time available to get everything done.

A long discussion in my room follows, as big brother and I talk about our most recent concerns and plan on what needs to be done in the near future. There is so much to do, and relatively speaking so little time to do it in. It is a rather daunting task that lies ahead, but like everything else in life, it has to be done.

No comments: