Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Nerves...or something.

All right, this is going to be a quickie post, considering I’m at least and hour behind and really should already be getting ready to go to bed by now. Ah well, I can hardly not do my post today. That would just be…well, inconsistent.

For some inexplicable reason I forgot to set my alarm last night, which means I wake up an hour late and “run after time” for the rest of the day. I remember vague dreams this night, something about driving in a car and then being unable to take a curve due to this massive bump in the road that scrapes the underside of the truck. Very frustrating.

It is often an indication that reminds me I’m dreaming. The depth of sight isn’t the way it’s supposed to, just like when I dream of reading something and realize that I can’t make out the words that seem alien to me. When I realize as much in the dream and recognize it as such, the anxiety that this causes often disappears and I am able to alter the events to my liking. That is a good thing most of the time, since when I don’t I end up feeling frustrated when I wake up.

But let’s get to the day before I get completely distracted and start “yapping” about dreams for pages on end. I really don’t have the time…even though I might be a more fun read that just another recount of the day.

So, after letting the dogs out and quickly going through the morning rituals, I head on down to the house, keeping Trin Trin the Monster Boxer on the tight leash.
She has that CRAZY look in her eyes today, and I am just in time too, when the door opens and a couple of big brother’s cocker spaniels are right on the threshold. If I hadn’t kept her close to my heel things might have turned out as a disaster.

There is very little time today, what with the looming appointment at school, less than three hours after waking time. I can honestly say that I am both dreading and looking forward to it. Dreading it because I’ve heard horror tales about these particular lessons, and looking forward to it because I really do enjoy this part of our “education”.

But anyways…rather than plunge back into an editing session–which we really should have done, but simply couldn’t get ourselves to do in the little time we had available–I spend a frivolous hour or so online to go over the messages and chat sites before we shut down our computers and take the opportunity to do some studying instead.

The hours pass really fast, and soon I’m heading up to my cabin to change clothes and then head for the car.
First thing we do, once underway, is head for the deserted windy road leading through Valtocado. It has been more than seven months since we’ve last been behind the wheel of a car, and rather than face our lessons blindly, we decide to do a quick practice drive.

It goes well, but it almost makes us late to arrive at the school where teach is talking to one of her colleagues. As we wait for our instructor, I hand her the questions I remember from the exams and she takes them gratefully while making some joke about having send me back home if I’d forgotten them again. Hah.

Our instructor arrives then and I get in behind the wheel of the car. For the next hour I try to divert my attention between the lesson and the actual rules of the road, and find it all to be a bit confusing, even though I do relatively well.

Basically the man is showing me the things I need to do in order to make the exams. Other than that he says I did well enough.
Once big brother has had his lesson and we have returned to the school, we are both exhausted for no good reason whatsoever and are more than happy to head back home to unwind.

At the school one of the boys who did the exams with me is waiting for his very first lesson and he is mighty nervous, looking terribly pale and about ready to bolt. Big brother and I share a few reassuring words with him and wave him off when he and the instructor get in the car and are on their way.

Time to leave for home ourselves and we sigh in relief when we get into the car.
It was stressful. Not so much the driving on itself, but the not knowing what to expect, I’m thinking. And that’s fine. This means that next week will be a tad easier because we know what he wants now and can set our minds to that prior to starting.

Once at home I get online for a bit, trying to let go of the stress and then decide to just take it easy for the rest of the evening since my head feels numb. There is a long session of hanging laundry somewhere during the evening–five batches have been tossed in the machine during the day–but other than that the evening was really quite uneventful…activity wise.

We did see a couple of movies today. “Get Smart” which was surprisingly funny…or my head was so numb that I thought it was…and “The life and death of Bobby Z” which wasn’t bad either, though not stellar by any means.

Big brother and I do talk quite a bit during the evening, but to write it all down would really take too much time, so I guess I’ll just leave at this and finish today’s blog by saying that the evening ended much like most of my evenings do with a trip up the mountain, feeding the dogs and then doing some reading.

If all goes well, we’ll be heading into the “jungle” tomorrow and get some actual work done. Yay!

2 comments:

Tanner said...

Remember when going into the jungle that the 'lion' sleeps at night. Do have fun =)

Samaya Young said...

Tanner,
Actually, over here that would be the dogs sleep at night, hahaha. And I try, I assure you. ;-)