Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Ehm, interview and other stuff.

I just saw that my very first official Interview is out with Joey Pinkney, a reviewer who also does interviews with his authors. Rather strange to see your own face on someone else's page this way.
Here's the link for those who want to check it out: 5 min. 5 questions interview.


Song of the day: “The boy does nothing” by Alesha Dixon. Strange song, but sorta catchy.

I’m going to keep this as short as possible, seeing as I’m dreadfully late again. I don’t get it…I don’t really mind, but having to say it every day is getting to be a tad boring, isn’t it?

There are the usual chores, breakfast; dog stuff…the little pup is doing grand, by the way, already fully attached to little brother and sister…and an excellent four page edit that brings us through the first section of the day.

Rather than build on any of the walls today…thank God the big one is done already…we decide to work in the courtyard for now. As it turns out the washing machine burst a tube again, so figuring that we’ve had enough of it, we decide to create an elevated section in the courtyard where the machine can make a mess to it’s heart’s content in the future.

First, there’s laundry to take down. It’s a pleasantly warm day again, with a warm breeze so the big load has dried quickly. Mom and I fold it so there is room to work in the courtyard.

Then, an old closet needs to be removed, because, let’s face it; we haven’t even looked in the thing for years and spend over an hour removing what appears to be a cluster of old rat nests. Aaargh. So gross, how those critters literally destroy everything to make their mess.

Finally, we get everything cleared and loaded up on the back of the truck. Middle sister makes a nice batch of cement by hand and then starts clearing out more mess to lug out to the car. While big brother and grandpa head to one of our rentals to repair a water main leak, so I wile away the time fixing up an old table so if we want to edit and don’t like to be distracted by the TV we can settle in the courtyard.

An hour later…I hate the way preparation takes so much time that you can’t get a lot done…we can start with the actual work of the day.
With large concrete blocks, scavenged from the property by grandpa, I build up a small square in the corner. Big brother repairs the new damage in the washing machine, the younger sibs clear out the pantry that was once again flooded and mom helps out by hosing down the spills from the emptied closet.

The afternoon rapidly draws to an end and we head on out to bring the junk away and get a new load of rocks. It goes remarkably fast today (little sister is with us too) and we have the truck bed full in less than fifteen minutes. Once back home, unloading the truck goes just as fast and we head inside to have a quick snack.

Big brother and I do another edit (the read-through one, rather than the rewrite of this morning), this time in the courtyard so we won’t be distracted by the TV, and add another three pages to today’s quota.

It’s around midnight when we call it a night and I head on up to my cabin to feed the dogs and get online for a bit of relaxation. Not a minute wasted today, which carries a certain amount of satisfaction, I’ll admit.

Hah! Just one page. I’m so proud.

No comments: