Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

A poor excuse...I know.

Song of the day: “Ugly” by Maria Mena. It wasn’t a constant, but a funny song anyway. For the rest of the day there was some sort of classical tune in my head that I just can’t identify the composer off. I do know it is used in a lot of movies at balls… 1700s and all that. Vivaldi? Albinoni? I can’t remember.

Today was grocery shopping day, so I’m pretty much running on empty.
I don’t know what it is about this particular task that takes it out of me, since it isn’t necessarily a heavier occupation than…building a wall, for instance…it just does.

I was right on the dot this morning, went to the edit and dealt with fifty pages worth of colons an semi-colons, which is definitely a good editing day for me. Then it was interrupted abruptly, of course, since we had to get ready to head for town where the massive bimonthly grocery-shopping chore had to be done.

We did nine stores…a record, based solely on the fact that we don’t much like the idea of having to go out again for basic stuff for at least another two weeks…and got everything we needed, piled high in the back of the truck in four hours.

Admittedly most of the space was taken up by laundry detergent, which was on sale. We decided to stock up, so now we won’t have to buy the stuff for the duration of summer at least, and saved up to fifteen bucks because of it. Hah.

We also bought a large batch of milk and yogurt, which I made into panir tonight. It’s a rather delightful dish that will be divine tomorrow when we bake it. Making the stuff is rather time-consuming-cook and curdle the milk, pour the mix in hang cloths and then let the moisture drip out until you’ve got beautiful round, cheese-like balls.

The dogs thoroughly enjoyed the leftover liquid and have been drinking it most of the evening. Hah. Luckily, the stuff is incredibly good for their intestines.

Since we rented a few DVDs, we watched the latest James Bond “Quantum of Solace” which wasn’t a bad action flick by any means, but still didn’t feel like a Bond film. I just wish it had held my attention better than it did.

Well, I’m going to turn in early…or at least try to, because I really can’t do today’s Blog justice. Besides, Blog-wise, it’s boring material. A tired writer can do only so much. Hah.

No comments: