Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cowboying up yet?

Song of the day: “Faraway voice” by Katie Melua. Such a sad song.

Well, another busy couple of days, I guess. Yesterday was my doctor’s appointment, yay, and as it turned I’m going to have to continue with the treatment a little longer. There were some minor increases everywhere, which the doc doesn’t like, for some reason. Since there was some increase, I don’t see what the problem is. Anemia supposedly always takes a long time to recover from, that’s why everyone is supposed to donate blood no more than twice a year, for crying out loud.

But what the heck, who cares, it just means I have to make another “donation” next month to see if it got better. Okay, whatever. I can only do my best in trying to eat well and regularly, so the way I figure, worrying about it all just isn’t smart and a colossal waste of time. So I won’t.

So what did we do yesterday? I made ratatouille for lunch, which we ate with tenant and her caregiver. Using as some sort of broth to dip bread in it was a nice and filling meal on the overall.

Afterwards big brother used the paint sprayer on my second hand whicker chair, which looks like new, now that I’ve putt in new wooden slats in the seat and a new pillow. Seriously, it looks gorgeous and it sits very comfortably. I wanted the color to be a deep caoba (chocolate) color, and what with the gleaming polish the end result is grand.

Considering I want to resume my kick boxing we took the boxing bag out of hiding and hung it in the carport. It really didn’t take all that long, but we had been trying to get it done for quite a bit without success.

Little sister went to the eye doctor yesterday too. Considering her eyesight has been giving her trouble and it is nauseating and dizzying her, she wanted it checked out. Turns out she’ll need glasses, which is a pain, of course, but not the worst thing imaginable, I suppose.

We also had to harvest a bit, because, let’s face it, food is never too much. Hah. Got some beets, lots of peppers, some onions, tomatoes and even a handful of zucchini and eggplant. It was a nice occupation too, considering we actually got some sunshine yesterday, while today there’s been quite a bit of rain. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Last night, after writing two pages for the ongoing project, (went over 125 pages, thank you very much) and then went up to the carport to attack the bag for a bit. Seriously, it has been way too long since I last kick boxed. Worries have been mounting up, thoughts have been turning into mush and my body is drifting back into the habit of whining about everything. The way I figure, making some testosterone and muscle is just what I need.

You don’t know how very grand kick boxing is until you’ve got a good swing going. Feet, fists, it doesn’t matter; as soon as you know how to do it without doing any damage you’ll vanquish childhood boogey men, bullies (old and new) and enjoy every single second of it. You’ll sweat, you’ll groan and you’ll imitate a breather, but in the end, when every muscles aches and screams (“Learn to love the pain” A. Swarzenegger, I think) you’ll feel like you’ve just won an epic battle.
Heck, I didn’t even feel my heel during the exercise, which is, like, totally unheard of. Hah.

Boy, do I sound like a poster person, eh. No worries, I’ll stop now. Hah.
Of course all this didn’t stop me from feeling nauseated and sick from the Iron treatment I need to take due to doctor’s orders, dammit. Gawd, it felt just like the old days, making me fear daily vomiting contests, runs, sickness, chills, glowy, sweaty, feeling hyper while being unable to keep your eyes open kind of things. Sooooo not going back to that. Grrr. Nope. Instead, I’m going to attack that bag until I need to buy a new one because I beat the snot out of it. Hah.

But anyways. Today was mostly about laying the tiles in tenant’s corridor. I had a rather brilliant stroke of insight this morning concerning the tiles, and since I would make it with beige and turquoise, this particular selection was picked. It took me about one hour of preparation, two hours of cutting, gluing and laying but then that particular section of the floor was done. It looks bloody good, if I do say so myself, and in a couple of days she will be able to go to her bathroom walking across the new floor as if it was always there.

New milestone for her: She can bend over and pick something up from the ground. Gawd, we were both equally thrilled…and that is added to the fact that she can get out of her chair on her own now, as well as walk with just her cane and without help from anyone. Sometimes it amazes me how much she has improved.

The dogs weren't at all happy about today, considering the rain forced me to lock them in my cabin rather than have them whiny and wet in front of tenant's fences. Poor darlings, except for Chaos (he just lounges on the couch and rolls over when I open the door) were ecstatic when I opened the door at last.

Well, I better stop now, I’ve got a scene to finish and maybe a scavenge in my near future. Hah

No comments: