Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

On the job...or something like that.

Song of the day: “Foundations” by Kate Nash. No building today, so that theory goes straight down the drain. I’m still not getting why particular songs stick in my head on particular days, darn it.

It’s been friggin’ busy these past couple of days, what with the job yesterday and then finishing off today, before going to pick up our friend in Marbella. But first about the job…I’m sorry, I can’t say that with a straight face, seeing as I still can’t think of it as something else than a paper route. Hah.

Anyways, we were on time for a change (yes, big brother and I are now officially doing the job together) and would have started on the route (without hassle) at four in the afternoon…if we hadn’t forgotten the list and had to go back home to get it, aaargh.

So we started at five, had a double load in the back due to that favor I agreed to do for the main distributor last week and got to work, fully expecting for the other guy to call me so we’d meet somewhere…he never called of course, and boy, did I wait. The route was done at twelve, and I didn’t get to bed until 2:30 in the morning. Go figure.

Other than that the route went fine, and when he still hadn’t called this morning I dropped a line to the office to find out if they could figure it all out, what with the main distributor sailing to Ibiza, or something. Finally the other delivery dude called me, telling me he’d meet me around tea time (whenever the heck that is, I don’t know). Strange, but I have no talked to three people at the office, and that suddenly makes the whole thing a lot more real, I guess.

Poor doggies were in emotional distress when I finally got home and got ready for bed…part of the being late and waiting a bit longer involved eating cake. Grandpa’s birthday arrived, and sneakily he didn’t say a thing. But we knew, so we’d bought a cake and surprised him at one in the morning. I think he was a little embarrassed, hah, but we managed to surprise him.

This morning’s route went fine too, even though it made us late for picking up our friend, but since this is a two-day-one-night stay, a couple of hours aren’t too bad. Afterwards I quickly dropped by the car sales man to see if my paperwork for the Daewoo had arrived already, but it hadn’t so…boohoo.

Right now I need something to eat, some nice quality time with my dogs and then…well, then I want to do some serious writing soon, and maybe head out into the yard for a bit.

No comments: