Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Steady as you go. :-)

Song of the day: “Thank you Stars” by Katie Melua.

Not too hectic for the past couple of days, and yet they were still pretty busy. It has mostly been busy work.

First of all I had a very cool dream yesterday morning. Perfect material for a category romance, or even a full-length novel, even. It was rather sweet, really. Kyra Knightly type for the heroine and a Karl Urban type for the male. Of course this would be a medical romance, which would be the on genre I dislike, but what the heck.

On to the usual chitchat:
What with all the business these past few weeks I was dreadfully behind on the laundry. Seriously the two big bags that hold it all together in the courtyard, were filled to full capacity, and piled on top of to boot. For the past two days I’ve been doing four rounds a day and am only slowly making a dent in the pile. Yikes.

First thing on the schedule was fix my house phone and grandpa’s. The stupid thing got wrecked when Sitabah chased a rat last week (she got another one last night by the way. Good dog!) and took down the wire, curtain and a wall shelve in her enthusiasm. Aaaargh. Seriously, they’ll wreck the room if I let them have free reign. But then, if those rats continue on, they’ll do the same, so I better suffer through it for a bit. The house phone is fixed, however. Yay.

Next came Bommel. His ear infection is persisting, so I got him up on the kitchen table to clean the whole mess up and put some medicine in. Poor Bobtail suffered through the ordeal bravely and didn’t give a peep. He seemed more cheerful afterwards, though.

There was some cleaning in the carport, seeing as it was a mess in there. Soon the rainy season will start for real and since the carport will be the only dry spot available, some space is advisable. At the same time we started sorting through our glass supplies and cutting a few to the sizes necessary for the greenhouse. It’s not going to be easy to get them cut accurately, seeing as there’s a lot of safety glass, but we’ll figure it out somehow.

Afterwards it was time to clean the car. In all honesty I was a tad embarrassed when we left the car at the garage. Seriously it was like a construction area inside. So, I was busy with that for about an hour while big brother and grandpa worked on the engine, checking the oil and everything. Had to hurry too, ‘cause in the afternoon the younger sibs came up to start loading the car for their market day today. Hmmm. I wonder if they sold well today. I do know mom is getting very nice responses to her purses and quilts. We’ll see in an hour or two.

Sonia (black cocker) got her hair trimmed yesterday while we were having lunch. What with the grasses being ripe, the dogs get them stuck in their hair and get this big tangles that are a pain in the behind to get out.

Writing is going well enough, I guess. Though it felt as if I was a little stuck, I do manage two pages a day and even superceded that last night by adding three. Got a total of 116 now, so, yay.
I’ve got to say that I find this book difficult to write. It is just not entirely my own taste. Still, you’ve got to try everything once, I figure, so we’ll see how it turns out in the end.

Eating lots of pumpkin at the moment, which id definitely working on the protein part. I’ve got to say that this particular breed (light green and a warty skin) is particularly tasty. Also had pasta with a fresh tomato sauce, which never falls wrong, does it?

The rain has been rather splendid in regard that we haven’t needed to water the plants since. Tonight we are going to head down to see if there is anything to harvest, but other than that, this is perfect weather for plants and free food. Hah.

Though tenant is feeling particularly tired today, she has been doing rather grand this week. She’s basically walking on her own these days, and getting up from her chair on her own as well, so double yay for her. It is so amazing to look back to last year when she couldn’t even walk further than her own kitchen. To see her now, strolling down to my cabin, or even the greenhouse. Why the two images are worlds apart.

This morning, after another huge batch of laundry, big brother, grandpa, our friend Danni and I poured concrete in tenant’s corridor. It had been on the schedule for ages, but since we really felt that a new floor in her place this winter would be a plus, we just decided to go for it this morning. Got it all done in less than two hours, so as soon as it is dry and we’ve finished doing the same for her kitchen, I’ll start tiling the lot.

After that I still need to tile the guest room as well, seeing as we are having a regular sleep over these days. After that big brother’s floor, mine and…but let’s not think about that until the time comes. Hah. Jeez, I was already seeing them all pile together in my head as one massive task that could not possibly get done. Duh. Of course not, at least not all at once. Separately however (this thing my head forgot for a moment) it is very much doable.

Gotta go.

No comments: