Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

I get a new floor!

Song of the day: “Mirrors in the sun” weird to have this one, seeing as it’s from when I was like, tiny. Seven, or something. Sally Oldfield. I know, I know, can anyone say: New Age kid? Yikes.

Gotta keep it short, ‘cause I’m running behind and I really should get a few pages of the latest project written down. Sure I did a few on paper today *gasp* but seeing as it doesn’t count until it’s on the computer, I’ve got to get jumping. Hah.

Okay, what to write, what to write? Gawd, I’m starting to blank out again. Seriously, if I don’t remember right this instant this blog is…Glass! Yes, big brother and I spent several hours sorting through our glass supplies, organizing the stacks and cutting a lot of them for the greenhouse. Phew. Memory one surfaced, quelle surprise. Got about ten of them done, meaning that we have another…oh, seventy or so more to go. Yay.

Ohhh where is memory number two? Where, where, where…nope. Nothing yet. Darn it. Oh yeah: Made a small table on wheels so mom can put it up against her work table whenever she’s working on her quilts. It’s hard to keep it away from the dogs without some place to prop it up on.

Three. Oh this one isn’t hard to remember at all. I don’t know where it snuck off to, but here you have it. Big brother and I spent about an hour laying out what will soon be…can I have a drum roll?…my very own hard wood floor in the sitting room of my cabin. Can you believe it. It is reddish, in case you’re wondering. Looks a little like mahogany, but whether it is or not is up for grabs. It’s going to be gorgeous and seriously, I am going to take pictures. Hah.
Oh, déjà vu…I wrote that before, didn’t I? *sigh* I know. I will though.

We harvested of course, but didn’t need to water the plants until today, due to the rain we had.
The dogs were both miserable and ecstatic, seeing as they enjoy us going down to the yard, while they abhor us working in the old paddock working with the glass. Poor darlings.

Mom and two of the sibs went to an art market and sold some of mom’s work. Apparently they didn’t enjoy the crowd as much as they do the second hand scene, but they managed to get some networking done at least.

Tenant was rather cheerful today, which is always a good thing. She was thrilled that we started on her wall today, meaning that we were busy with installing these long white panels over the natural rock wall that has been a thorn in our eye for the past few years. What with the new tile floor underneath it, the place is really starting to shape up. Soon we’ll be able to pour concrete on the remainder of the floor, then lay the rest of the tiles, et voila, the bungalow will look spic and span (sp?). Hah.

Writing. Did a count yesterday and apparently I've got the story done and connected except for two scenes for more than a hundred pages, meaning that with the fifty or so that I still need to write, I'll be done. Yay. Then there will the edit, the...okay, not thinking of all that now.

Gawd, I’m blanking out again, so I’m going to leave it at this. I’ve only got two hours left to do some serious writing so I’m outta here. Better luck next time, I guess.

No comments: