Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

20/20. A waste of time.

Song of the day: “Time to say goodbye” by Andrea Boccelli and Sarah Brightman. Yeah, I know, very unlike me. What can I say; I was in that classic kind of mood.

So what’s been up for the past couple of days? In all honesty, not all that much. On the most part just busywork that was tedious more than anything.
There was editing, one evening of only eight pages then last night nineteen so we made up, I guess. Only forty more to go and the 2nd edit will be over and done with. Yay.

Lemme see if I can organize my thoughts a little and give you a proper recount…nah. I can’t do it, my memory sucks for some reason, must be the busy stuff, I always get vague from having to go out a lot. It has to do with the mindset I guess, makes me feel scattered somehow. I get centered when I’m home. *sigh* Well, no helping it. This will be hodgepodge again.

The going out part involved picking up our friend from Marbella of course. A strange day, weather wise, really. While we left home the sky broke open and revealed the sun, then as we neared the city we drove to pitch-black clouds with two rainbows in it. (Pretty) Then we entered the rain, while the sun was also still shining, which was the weird part. Guess it was because it was still so early.

What else we went into the yard yesterday afternoon, harvested peppers mostly, but stuff is coming to and end down there…except for in the greenhouse where lettuce, chard, zucchinis and cauliflowers are flourishing nicely. Spent a bit of this afternoon transplanting a few of them into bigger pots, which was nice, considering it was sunny and we were out of the wind near the greenhouse, yay. Would like to have stay there but other stuff needed to be done, of course.

This morning I went into the yard as well to get two pumpkins, fresh herbs and an onion for soup. Tenant appeared a little down, so I talked her into helping me with the soup. That promptly got her crying because she was convinced that there wasn’t anything she could do there, which is ridiculous, of course. One hand might not work properly, the other does just fine, it might not be easy, but it can be done with patience and lots of distraction. We ended up chatting for over an hour while she helped my by mincing the herbs with scissors. In the end she was surprised that she had actually managed it, because every part of her emotional state had already convinced her that it would be impossible.

I have found over the past couple of years that the worst enemy imaginable is your own imagination, feelings and assumptions. In most cases they are not accurate at all. Tenant appears to be suffering under the same enemy in that way.
But anyway the soup turned out creamy and sumptuous and we walked down to my terrace together so she could spend the warm afternoon in the full sunshine, even though there was a chilly wind.

Yesterday afternoon, with tenant also sitting on the terrace grandpa, big brother and I spent the majority at the storage. We sorted through the huge pile of windows that we have, stockpiled them up against the storage building and covered the lot with plastic. They should make it through winter just fine.
Like today there was a Western wind blowing like mad, and though it was chilly, my new boots (I decided to go for snow boots and they’re grand. Grand I tell you. My feet are warm during the day and that is absolutely newsworthy.) my bodywarmer and baseball cap I wasn’t even all that uncomfortable. Could it be that I’m actually getting used to the winter weather?

While big brother and grandpa finished up the pile, I dug some through the mess still out there, and made a nice dent in organizing piles of tarp, plastic containers, metal caging etc. etc. Seriously, sometimes it looks like a landfill over there, but to us there’s a wealth of treasures if only you use your imagination and see the possibilities in old wood, metal and plastic.

Look at the greenhouse for instance. We made a bet together that we could build the dratted thing without buying any of the main supplies, and we did. All it cost us in the end was paint, screws, diesel and a handful of cement. Hah. Now that is what I call recycling. Sure it cost us over a year to gather it all, and yes, we dove into skips, garbage bins and whatnot, but we did do it.
Like I said, those piles of ours up there are all filled with little treasures.

Okay, car news: The garage phoned last night and it turns out that someone (we have a suspicion that it was the previous owner, but what the heck) did something seriously wrong with the car. Meaning that they have to replace a lot of crap under the car, which will, once again cost us a fortune. The car has done a splendid job this past year and a half or so, and I love it, and it is worth every penny...even though I would like there to be less pennies involved, of course. Hah.

Now I know what you’re thinking (so am I, believe me) that car was a bad buy…I don’t know. I don’t believe in regretting actions that you cannot change. It is that 20/20 thing. It is the past and therefore unchangeable. You do the best you can and if in the future that turns out to be not good enough, well…bugger you. To regret those actions is a waste of time an energy in the end.

Big brother spent some time fixing the table saw this morning. Mostly while tenant and I were making soup, and the machine should be working splendidly again, thankfully. What we would do without it is a complete mystery to me.

We painted the imperial again, twice (yesterday and today). We want to be absolutely sure that it won’t rust while we start using it. It will, of course, but at least it’ll do that as little as possible. Hah.

Then we went down to the bus in which we moved to Spain and spent the remainder of the afternoon scraping at the huge rust spots and rotting spots, before covering it with Hammerite. Sure, we’re planning on fully painting the thing, but before we do we’ll need to tackle the rust. Can’t have the poor vehicle fall apart, considering it serves as an apartment at the moment. Sure, in the future we’ll need to build a small bungalow or something, but we’ll need it for a few years yet.

What else, oh yeah, cleaned the office the other day. It was a friggin mess, and I still need to do a lot, but at least most of the shelves are relatively clean at the moment, not to mention my paper files which I now actually have in the dossier drawers in folders and everything. Yay.

While doing a massive load of laundry, big brother hung a small trap door in the side of the office so we will be able to let Knight II out through the side, rather than have him barge through the masses of little brother’s dogs. It is starting to get a wee bit dangerous what with the pack’s peckish-ness towards my Great Dane.

Well, that should about do it for today. Who’d have thought I’d manage to fill more than two pages once more. Hah.

No comments: