Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Wintery for sure.

Song of the day: “Dream a little dream” by the Beautiful South. Yes, it was there again. Wonder why?

Anyways, what’s been up…ridiculously little, actually. It is a tad embarrassing, seeing as I am supposed to write about something interesting. Sure, I could write about politics, but considering I’m a little weird that way, I’d undoubtedly end up insulting the lot of you in some way.

I could join in on the celeb gossip, but seeing as my interest in that particular matter only goes as far as, hey look, this and that got married, right after they got divorced…hey look at the nice chainsaw on sale over there. *drool* It would be counterproductive to say anything remotely interesting about it, really, since this is life and from where I’m standing, celebrities might as well be fictional characters…which they are, in a strange kind of way. Hmmm.

Be that as it may, let’s get down and dirty, and boy am I that. I’ve spent the past couple of days painting the old bus, and since we’ve been using moss green and black, along with a coaba varnish for several wood pieces, I now carry all three colors on my person. It looks interesting and…well, hopefully creative, because I’m absolutely not in the mood to clean up at all.
The majority of the painting has been done though and I’m absolutely freezing still, after I went inside two hours ago.

While during yesterday’s painting we had a northwestern wind, today it came from the east. Both were friggin’ ass cold, pardon my French. Jeez. I’m talking numb fingers, burning cheeks, dripping nose, the works. Gloves, scarf and hand over double sweater and body warmer and of course the snow boots. I love those boots, in case you’re wondering. I could sing praise, write poems and pour them into gold at the end of the winter. *sigh*

Though today was definitely too cold for tenant, she did sit on my terrace yesterday and fully enjoyed the sunshine. Seriously, while I was freezing my behind, she was slowly taking layer after layer off to fully appreciate the sunshine. Today, what with the clouds overhead was a different story, however.

I overslept, yeah, yeah, I hate it when that happens, but anyway, I didn’t have my coffee, so I wasn’t in the best of moods where we headed for Malaga to get to the garage in time to pick up the car before the weekend…which will be followed by a holiday on Monday, and then again on Wednesday. I got heart palpitations when we were presented with the bill. I’m not kidding. I felt a genuine stab while the list got longer and longer, and he showed how close a call we’ve had with the parts that he had to replace. Gawd, what is it with expenses just piling up every time we think that we might finally be able to put something extra aside.

I went down into the yard this morning, just because I wanted a moment of peace after the stressful morning in the city. Harvested some peppers, a few late tomatoes and lingered in the greenhouse where the temperature was a whopping ten degrees more than outside. Luckily there were some weeds to yank from the pot. Afterwards it was back to the bus to fill holes with glass fiber and paint some more. *sigh*

Poor doggies were absolutely miserable while we were working outside for the past two days. You’d think they’d be smart enough to head on inside when it’s windy and cold, but no, they keep wandering around us, trying to stand on three paws instead of four to get their feet warm (whiners, I know) or trying to crawl on top of each other just to keep warm.

Amri, (crossbreed) has a two inch cut in his paw. I don’t know how he got it, but aside from keeping it clean, I don’t think it’s going to need stitches. On the most part the skin stays together, so in due time it should heal just fine on it’s own. I don’t like the idea of going to the vet over something like that, in particular not because they’ll pump him full with antibiotics. So few people know that when you give someone antibiotics you kill off at least one (sometimes several) bacteria in your bowel that might (highly likely) will never come back again.

There was editing, of course, though not as much as we should have. Only eight pages last night, which is frustrating as heck, but also normal. We always do less of it after we make a rough estimation of how much more time we’re going to need.

Tonight, after a quick dinner (lunch was the last of Wednesday’s soup. Yummy) I quickly shaved big brother’s head. It was high time, considering work is just around the corner again.

Well, I’ve got some more editing to do, so I’m going to get outta here and leave it at this

No comments: