Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Experiments!

Song of the day: “I hope you dance” by LeeAnn Womack, and “Do re me” Julie Andrews in, none other than The Sound of Music. I know, isn’t it exciting? *snort* Oh wait, there was also “Weapon of choice” by Fatboy Slim. Hah.

I’ve been having incredibly weird dreams these past few days. Like this morning, I woke to a dream about both my grandmothers, conspiring to do crazy things (and they never even liked each other, for crying out loud) as if they were friendly with each others. Old cronies. No offense, I have some fond memories of them both, but as human beings they weren’t anything to write home about.

But anyway, in the dream, one was chasing me with a butcher’s knife in her hand, while other locked me in a wall-less elevator about six stories high. Then, if that weren’t enough, seeing as she was acting crazy and in the elevator, she jumped off like a bat out of hell. Suffice it to say that both women ended up in an asylum at the end of my dream, and I was, like, totally relieved waking up to my alarm. Jeez.

Good part: I got around to a work-out last night. Yay. Kick-boxed my a—ehm, butt out (it doesn’t sound the same at all) for about an hour and a half and loved every second of it. Seriously. I needed that. What with the weather so cool this month, the exercise is actually doable...despite the fact that I was practically floating in sweat at the end. But it went well. I had my “Shwung” as they say, and I kicked, punched, kneed and pounded that bag until I could barely catch my breath. Awesome. I was so wonderfully tired at the end that I literally slept within five seconds flat.

Bad part: In the wonderful world of screwy cars. The garage finally figured out the problem with the Opel Astra...and it’s going to cost us more than 400 Euros. Yep. Another hefty mint, and I just might have to sell my kidney, or something. Stupid effing &%€*+@#car. *takes deep breath* I’m okay. I got it out of my system now. Hah.
If all goes as planned, we should be able to pick the car up in about three days...which will be right after grocery shopping (aaargh) and the MOT for the Land Rover. Grrrr.

Spent lots of time with tenant. Two swimming sessions which are so very good for her arm so she can relax it properly. She also loves it, so that is two plusses right there. The walking down bit is a necessary evil for as far as she’s concerned, but at least we fill the time with idle chatter. Hah.

Cooking has involved my lentil/chickpeas patties, which we prepared like hamburger patties, put on buns with lettuce tomatoes and sauce, and devoured for the past couple of days just because they were just to darn good. Seriously, I should franchise them. It was McDonalds quality, but then healthy and vegetarian. Hah.

There was writing (naturally). Only 5000 words to go for me, and then I have to have it finished. Meaning that I’m scared shitless about not being able to wrap the last few scenes up. I hate a word limit, but this too is something I have to learn. If I don’t manage it, we’re going to have to go through the story and see if I can cut any of the scenes.

Funny bit: I fell asleep while writing last night. When I woke up again I had to delete three sentences about Haakon and Matte Marit from Norway (I know, insane, right) which didn’t make any sense, and had absolutely nothing to do with the book, darn it. There was also some serious gibberish through it. Seriously, I might have nurture this particular talent, because imagine what I could get done if I managed to write while asleep. OMG. I could write all night and then just work during the day without trouble. Hah.

Considering Big brother still isn’t ready with the addition to the imperial, I painted the ladder again. It’s starting to look pretty darn solid, and will fit the rest as if it was made for it...what am I saying. It IS made for it. *sigh*

We harvested, of course. Today we’re going to try to cook some prickly pear pads. I am so curious how it will turn out. I’m just going to experiment and see how it works. I’ll let you know how it works out later...or if it was horrible, I won’t. Hah. Other harvests were the normal ones, like tomatoes, onions, peppers and melons.

We watered too, of course. Even though we have the drip tubes in most spots now, there are some things that just need personal attention. I have to admit that yard is looking pretty darn splendid at the moment...Okay. Gotta hurry. What else?

I cleaned my cabin, which was high time. Managed to wreck some spiderwebs in the main house, scrub my bathroom and all that. *sigh*

Time to get to cooking, and then we’re going to shovel shaite from the basin. We still have to clean it of several inches of dried mud, then scrape everything out, clean it properly with water and chemicals, and then paint it...all before the rainy season starts.

No comments: