Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summer time scorching

Song of the day: “If I die young” by The Band Perry. Such a nicely morose song. Easy to sing too, so that’s all good.

Car update: (I know, you’re chomping at the bit for that one, aren’t ya?) Nope. We haven’t got the Opel Astra back yet. Turns out the part they had to order (I went there and he showed me the problem. All I can say, Yikes!) hadn’t arrived until very late. This meant that they wouldn’t be able to put it in until Monday (they don’t work on Saturdays) which leaves us without the small car during the weekend too. Considering I’m not planning on going anywhere anyway, who gives a fig?
I sure don’t.

Right. Gawd, the weather today! It’s is a scorcher, thank you very much. This is Spain and with just a day to go until the hottest month (aka August) of the year, we’re going to start it well. The mercury rose into the high nineties today, getting close to a hundred, and what with the mild weather during June and July, it was a bit of an adjustment on all our parts. Seriously, I sweated like a racehorse today. Hah. And, for the first time this year my cabin was hot when I woke up this morning.

A quick dip in the pool helped that, though, so no problem.
But I’m getting ahead of myself. Yesterday.
Big brother went to the ITV (MOT), you know, the obligatory check for cars that we have to do twice a year because we have a heavy all terrain vehicle. (Life is soooo unfair.) But anyway, no matter because the car went through it with bells on, so we’re good for another 6 months. Yay.
I always worry when the time is nigh. *sigh*

While big brother was doing that, I helped grandpa with the shelve for tenant’s room, and then, because I’d forgotten, ran down the mountain to water the plants I’d promised to do now that big brother was out. *sigh* It’s a good thing I like doing the watering bit, because the sun was downright scorching. The newly planted vine and bush also needed water, and I harvested about 20 tomatoes since I was out there anyway.

Next there was tenant, of course, who needed a hand getting down to my terrace and then something to drink and her book. By the time I went back to grandpa, big brother had returned and informed me of the good news about the car. The rest of the day was spent writing, cooking an early supper, then going down into the yard to check everything. Some more writing followed that, and then it was time to head out for a scavenge. Seriously, you don’t want to know. Hah.

I was late getting to bed, which wasn’t good because really have been getting way too little sleep these past few weeks. All the dreaming doesn’t help either. So many of them in fact that I can’t even settle on one to write about. Which is a pity, because there were some friggin’ good ones there.

But anyway, I was freaky a...ehm, yeah, the rude word for behind...tired last night and slept straight through to the morning. Boy, I need to get my act together on the whole sleep thing. I was seriously contemplating a nap again this afternoon. Doing just five to six hours a night is simply not doing the trick. Hah.

Where was I? Oh right. Today. Chaos really didn’t like the temperatures today. I mean, I literally saw him twice today, because he kept disappearing into the house where during the day it is relatively cooler. Then, by the time the sun goes down, he’ll start appearing nearby, wanting my full attention. Poor feller; doesn’t like the cold and doesn’t like the warmth.

Knight II, on the other hand, is just bonkers and will head straight for the greenhouse where he’ll stretch out under one of the tables and doze off for the rest of the day. Gada, Labhana and Amri, though, they like to dig out a sandy spot and sleep in that particular area where they will be able to see me move through the veggie yard while still being in the shade.

So today, I started out with a dip (had a headache the size of...I don’t know, Nebraska) laundry and then up to tenants to unload the car and continue with the shelve for tenant’s room. At some point all the sawing and everything was done, and basically grandpa told me to toddle off while he finished up with the easy stuff. Since I had plants to water again, harvests to take in, and a book to finish, I didn’t object and headed down.

Wrote a few pages through the course of the day, though my concentration is shot a lot, today, for some peculiar reason. Had a wonderful lunch of veggie burgers that went down so darn well, I am considering franchising them, or something. Hah.

I only have 3000 words left to finish the book, and I’m starting to fear that it’s not going to be enough. I still have to write the rescue scene, and then the “ are you really okay” dialogue. Oh my gawd, this is so HARD. I hate limits, darn it.

But anyway, after some more writing, and supper, it was going into the yard some more, weeding, watering and all that, and then heading up with grandpa so we could finish that blasted shelf. (It is not just a small little, shelf, in case you’re wondering. Nope. It’s about a foot deep, with a wider section for Tenant’s TV, and about nine feet long.) He had made some slight errors while working on the shelve, so we worked on correcting them before we brought it into tenant’s room to check sizes. It worked out fine, and as soon as grandpa finishes sanding them, we can hang it up.

Though extremely hot, I didn’t mind working up at the storage in the full afternoon sun. The wind cooled the sweat on my skin, so it was vastly doable. Did drink an incredibly big amount of water. At least a couple of gallons, if not double that amount, hah.

But anyway, around ten it started to get darker, so I took a dip in the pool and settled in for some more writing...only to get stuck and deciding to work on the blog instead. It’s better than staring blankly ahead, I guess. Hah.

Gotta go. I need my beauty sleep!

No comments: