Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Exhausted

Song of the day: “Hold my hand” by Michael Jackson. Yay.

Well, it’s been a busy couple of days, and I can feel every single minute of it. Seriously, I feel about fifty years old right now, reminds me that we’ve been slacking this summer, doing small tasks that don’t require that much muscle power.

Yesterday, after filling those planters I made the other day with dirt, two dame da noches (night blooming jasmine) and a big oregano plant. Looking good, I’ll admit, I can hardly wait to see how it will look once we’ve got the wall done. *sigh*

Next, upon grandpa’s insistence, I headed down to the third terrace where I would start working on the stairs that is going to be extremely necessary there once start building a container for next year’s fertilizer. Seeing as we’re going to have to haul literally everything down, a proper stairs is essential. So, during the course of the day, I hauled rocks, stones, cement and chopped until I could no longer feel my hands, shoulder, lower back and hips…and not in a good way. Hah. Managed to get five steps done, meaning that today I had to finish the rest. I can assure you that my body, though game, wasn’t thrilled with the plans. Hah.

The proper night’s rest did me well, however, and though I had my doubts around 1:30 about whether I would make it to the end of the day, I forgot about the time after starting on the third step of the day. The stairs came to be a total of a whopping 12…or was it 13? Drat, now I can’t remember. Ah well, who cares. I had to cheat most of the way, seeing as the incline got to be too steep, meaning that I had to make several really short (by comparison, btw. They’re still bigger than a house step) ones to make it work. You cannot imagine my relief when, around five in the afternoon I finished the last one.

Luckily, yesterday I had grandpa to help with hauling rocks and cement, and then today Dani was there to get me the much-needed supplies. Sure I still did a lot of going back and forth, went up and down the mountain at least twenty times, if not more, but having assistance is a definite must with tasks like this. Grandpa kept us supplied with cement, and thus we got the whole thing done today. Yay.

While yesterday tenant was a good sport and cut all our fresh veggies for supper (she’s getting better and better at that), she had a nice day off today, since we still had enough leftovers today to get a proper meal in. Considering we also still had yesterday’s dough for chickpea patties, by the time we settled (both today and yesterday) for food, we wolfed the stuff down like starving people. Hah.

Regretfully, what with the dropping temperatures (though sunny, it was decidedly cooler these past couple of days. October is what it feels like) the pool is starting to cool down to the point where it is no longer nice to go in. Sure, I needed it today, what with dust, dirt and cement all over me, but still, it wasn’t nice anymore.

The dogs love the weather, by the way. Most of them will take the chance to sunbathe again, and will be lying in prone positions all over the place during the course of the day. It’s adorable, really, in particular since just ten days ago they would be searching for the relief of the shade whenever they could. Except of course, Knight II, who is so bloody insane that one minute he is sleeping in the greenhouse, while the next he is lying in the full sunshine. Bonkers! Chaos I don’t see much during the day…though this morning snuck into the veggie garden somehow and wandered about for a full thirty minutes before could finally corner him and get him out. He had the nerve to look insulted too. Hah.

Had a weird dream yesterday, by the way. Though the details in this case have faded too much for a proper recount, it did involve an earthquake, a flooding, which is a little weird in this area. We’re about 1700 feet above sea level. And me just barely managing to salvage my computer from the front of a strange car. Like I said, the details are hazy, but I do remember that I woke up with my heart going pit-a-patter. I hate it when I don’t remember something like that properly. I always want a dream to stay clear so I can write about it here. Ah well…

Okay, this is going to be it for today. I already had a ten minute lay-down earlier, because I still have computer work to do (for the record, I really hate, Hate, HATE writing synopsis! They never do a story justice) and would like to do that without my eyes falling shut. So I didn’t actually sleep, but my back was infinitely grateful. Hah.

Gotta go. Gotta edit! Yay!

No comments: