Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chilly

Song of the day...isn’t there for some peculiar reason. I know, weird huh? It’s been ages that I didn’t have a song of the day. Feels very strange, I tell ya.

Right. What’s been going on? I’m not sure, once again I am drawing a blank, which might have something to do with the fact that it is now afternoon rather than evening, when I usually write my blog. I think I better grab my diary to see what happened yesterday, because otherwise I will have to fill this blog with mindless blather…which is completely different from the usual highly intellectual narrative I usually apply, right?

*snort*

Okay. Diary in place….
Well, first off I woke prior to my alarm and lay there with the wind howling, and my head still involved in the semi-nightmare that had woken me up. I was seriously contemplating getting up early, but it was chilly, the dogs were draped all over me (in other words keeping me nice and toasty) and I really didn’t feel like heading out into the early morning for a workout. I would have (pondered it every time the wind died down, but then another would tumble through the door and I stayed in place) but ended up dozing (still with that freaky dream) until my alarm went off.

Finally I couldn’t drag it out any longer and got up to head up to the paddock to fix the left-side mirror of the Opel.The stupid thing keeps falling but I managed to get it back in place within a few minutes. That done I went down for the morning chores, and then up again for breakfast, and making tomato soup for later in the day. A time which was mostly used to discuss the day’s plans.

While big brother and grandpa tackled the solar panels and their batteries, I went to the greenhouse to open it all up and to sow some lettuce, green beans and five pots of wysteria, which want to have some plants for ‘round next year. Gotta sow them some day, don’t I? But anyway, that done I transplanted fifteen more of the seedlings into small pots and checked the tomato plants for leaf miners and caterpillars. Not a lot of them, but a few.

Next it was going into the yard itself, big brother joined me, to check on the veggie plants and to take out a field of potatoes. Got a nice batch, with about half a bag that didn’t have the disease which we can use for replanting early this spring.

That done it was time to go up, peel the potatoes that aren’t good for saving, eat some soup, and then go for a nap while the potatoes boiled. I did sleep a little, though I was so friggin’ cold afterwards that I had to sit in front of the stove (writing, of course) for a solid hour before I was finally warm enough to get settled in my usual spot. Seriously, the cold is not funny. Even Knight II is now constantly trying to get under the blankets, and Chaos was so cold he was moaning and shivering until I dragged him half under me so he would warm up at last.

The lupine patties worked out splendidly. We had them as a snack with fried potatoes last night, and they were delicious with a slice of cheese on them. Jeez. I didn’t expect that from the smell I caught from them yesterday. I rarely like something if the smell is not to my liking. But there you have it. It was darn good, and I might need to consider making them part of the batch that I want to try to sell.

But anyway after that there was the edit and some writing to connect that scene (still. I’m going very slow with that) as the night rapidly advanced. Got to bed only a little late, dogs piled on top of me again, of course.

Today was mostly about hauling butt, again. After the usual chores, dressing in a multitude of layers and drinking coffee by the gallon, rock and dirt got dug from the in front of the carport and behind my cabin, followed by hauling several wheelbarrows of rocks down to the terrace under the house. Almost got the level up to the height of the rock wall now, meaning that as soon as we’ve added one more layer of clay and rocks, we can start masonry again.

There is still some work to do now, before we gotta start on the day’s edit. That hot cup of soup an hour ago really did fill the gaps well enough for me to have my energy levels back up a little, but since I’m cold, I really should get some movement. My teeth are about to chatter, for crying out loud.

Okay, gotta go.

No comments: