Notice:

I can't predict when I have the time to post a new blog, but check occasionally. I'm going to try at least weekly.

Monday, January 9, 2012

33

Song of the day: “Mr. Rock&Roll” by Amy McDonald.

Was late getting up yesterday morning, finding it rather hard to get out of bed with temperature that were just a handful of degrees above the freezing point. It made workout an…interesting event. Same goes for this morning, when it was just as cold, but I found a rather good sweater for this kind of thing in my closet, and managed to survive the ordeal. Hah.

Am still reading Jack Vance, this time “Night Lamp”, and still having a blast. I gotta say that the guy narrates well, despite it being very different from modern day books. He has a flair with words, and though his main characters are on the most part the mysterious (deadly) observers in strange exotic words (I wonder if he was a lot like that) the worlds and its people are fascinating to read about.

I was not in the best of moods yesterday (nor today for that matter. Can’t really explain why, but I’m just working through it, waiting for it to pass, thank you very much) but tried to keep myself busy on the most part.

There was the yard for a while, digging around in the dirt, harvesting some veggies, yanking weeds, squashing bugs, and opening the greenhouse and seedbed to let what little sun there was in. Since we were down there already we watered the young seedling and the beds of Alfa Alfa.

By the time I returned to the upper yard because tenant needed a hand to change, grandpa was already digging out the side of the path where I still had to put in portions of the stone wall. Once I was done helping tenant and walked her down to my terrace where she sat in the sunshine most of the day, I got to work on the masonry.

Big brother and grandpa worked on the wiring for the solar panels, leading it up to the carport, which has been elected to be the spot where we’ll use the power just to prevent the batteries from dying, I did masonry. Usually I have help, but yesterday we were spread a bit thin. No matter, though, stuff got done.

There was an edit, as planned, some chats online, answering messages and such, following a cooking session with nopales that worked out rather well. Other than that there were just chores and the like.

As for today… Not much different, except that I had my doctor’s appointment and we had to go to town before that. The morning was spent making my cake (yes, tomorrow is my B-day, and I’m treating myself by not having to write my blog then, hah) and afterwards taking apart an old desk, which is, even now being used as firewood. A pity too. It was such a nice desk, but since we don’t have some massive attic where we can store things such as furniture, it had to go. Ah well.

Also had to finish the wiring for the solar panels, meaning that I was working with hammer and nails to get wires out of the way while big brother finished up on his grand idea. By the time that was all done, we had to head on out to town for a spot of grocery shopping, a trip to the computer store and then off to the village for my appointment (podiatrist)…arrived about five minutes late, rushing and everything only to hear that the podiatrist wasn’t in today (apparently they had tried to phone me, but since my phone is at the repair shop, that didn’t do much good.) meaning that I have to go back tomorrow morning. Grrr.

On the new part bit: Cousin Eddi arrived today. It was very out of the blue, really, but family is family after all, and she’ll make herself useful. She’ll be moving in permanently, working for room and board, so to speak, and since she wants to become handy at construction and such, we’ll have an extra set of hands. Yay.

What else. After the debacle at the doctor’s it was back home to bring the groceries, and picking up the papers from the washing machine store. Turns out that due to the fact that the repairman didn’t show up within five weeks, we will be supplied with a replacement of our choice (either the same one of the same price, or we pay the difference of a different brand). We doubted for a bit, but then opted to go for SamSung. The Daewoo really isn’t anything to write home about and we’ve had so much trouble with it, I was just about ready to start treating the thing to a boxing session. Grrr. But anyway, we picked a new one, filled in twenty miles of paperwork, and will get the machine delivered on Thursday (I’ll believe that when I see it, thank you very much). It was all very casual, the staff was incredibly friendly, and it felt like a humongous waste of time for me. Ah well, no helping it.

My dogs didn’t like it, seeing as I was gone for more than five hours. They were pretty bonkers by the time I finally got home and tried to steer them away from the mess they had made in my cabin. Chaos somehow managed to get off the bed, by the way, so I’m lucky he didn’t break a paw, or worse, his neck. Nah, our Chaos cannot be called athletic in that regard. He’s about as elegant as a salami sausage…who thinks he’s irresistible. Hah.

As for me: I am, as of thirty minutes ago, 33 years old. Yay. You’d think you’d feel different, but you don’t, just another day in another week, another month and another year. *sigh*
In honor of this so-called special day, I do remember my very first B-Day. One year old, Big brother (then three) on the floor with our best friend B. My cream cake had been put on the floor in front of me and I remember (vaguely) loads (a handful at most, hah) of people there. I was strutting around excited about the cake, and a little miffed I had to share it with big brother and B...and that's about it. What can I say, I was a dictatorial little thing. Hah.
So much for memories.

Wonder what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: